Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I was replacing a rooftop condensing unit yesterday, no elevator so it was up 4 flights of stairs and then through a roof hatch, now call me lazy but I backed the van in as close to the stairs as I could get. About the time we got the unit up to the roof I got a call from the office, some woman had called and threatened to call the police because I was taking up 2 parking places, down I go to move the van, there was a little Kia parked there, barely enough room to get by, when I got back to the roof....another call, now she was complaining that I left the box the unit came in sitting in the parking area, so back down to move the box, in that few minutes she had come back down to move her car into the parking space...right by the stairs, now I see what this was all about, I was in her prime by the stairs parking spot, nevermind there were 25 open spots because this building is virtually empty during the winter, Too bad I didnt know which unit was hers on the roof

Angry

probably some big fata$$ lady that can't walk 2 feet without stoping to eat

The little schrader screwdriver works really well for these types.pssssssssssssss

Swampfox; Your right some people have nothing better to do and thats why i'm on this site right now. I'm thinking of getting a life then you'll see.

Many times setting up a crane we will have people walk under it or try to drive around so they can park in the blocked off spaces. Or when your using the freight elevator and loading something into it they will walk around you and get in and block the way. When you ask them to move or leave they get pissed off, and you have to explain to them that it's for freight and workers not public jackasses like them. We had an aerial lift set up the other day and the guys working at the place kept sitting right under where we were working. They said they weren't worried I wouldn't drop anything, I told them my insurance guy was worried so you have to move and stay moved. Another job the guy made us move our trucks four times, due to the parking lot being plowed. After the fourth time I told him i'll break your neck if you come near me again. That worked.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Your office should have told that lady that you were there for service, and if she didn't like us being parked there for 1 day, we can always pull off the job. Then bill them for the time you were there.

Hey ct, I did notice she had Connecticut tags, hopefully she will be going back up your way soon, I was thinking of leaving her a map with directions back to I-95

Times like that are when I wish I had lots of money.I would
    drop the old unit right on top of her car from twenty feet
    in the air.

Just to see her poop all over herself would be money well
    spent.What the hell its a kia..If we all chip in 10 bucks we could do just that.

Respect for others seem to be going away from what it used
    to be.

Originally posted by simpleman
    Times like that are when I wish I had lots of money.I would
    drop the old unit right on top of her car from twenty feet
    in the air.

Just to see her poop all over herself would be money well
    spent.What the hell its a kia..If we all chip in 10 bucks we could do just that.

Respect for others seem to be going away from what it used
    to be.
    Put me in for twenty, but I want to see pics.

Wink block it off

I carry a utilty cone on the van.We keep a couple extra
    at the shop.I just block off the space or spaces I need.
    If owner doesnt like it then thats what sick days are for.

if you drop the old condenser on that stupid little kia, i got a hundred.......must be videotaped though.

The old one wouldnt fit through the hatch so we had to take it down in pieces, I though of using air mail , there was plenty of room but I figured she would have called in the National Gaurd if we did that, definately gonna spring for a crane next time.

are kia's made in north or south korea?

I'd never drive a car who's intials mean killed in action
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast