york - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: york

The ceiling ambient was pretty close to the room below it was not a factor.return grills are in the drop ceiling tiles just no ductwork attached this isn't that uncommon, and the new unit works fine.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    The ceiling ambient was pretty close to the room below it was not a factor.return grills are in the drop ceiling tiles just no ductwork attached this isn't that uncommon, and the new unit works fine.
    I'm sure the temps were close with open ceiling grills using the ceiling as return. Kind of like using the attic at home for a return, try doing a load calc with and without the ceilng as a buffer zone. Why wouldn't you do the installs or service under warranty? York won't let you?

Using the space between the firerock and the suspended ceiling for return is common. All commercial work in my area is this way and designed by engineers. The insulation is above the sheetrock. This would have nothing to do with his problems.

Originally posted by trane
    Using the space between the firerock and the suspended ceiling for return is common. All commercial work in my area is this way and designed by engineers. The insulation is above the sheetrock. This would have nothing to do with his problems.
    I don't think Eddy's got a double 2 hour fire rated ceiling if the Air handler is less than 5' from the condenser on the roof. Don't forget the York rep condemned the install and voided the warranty.

Smith, you may be right. I would hate to think they would install it any other way.

Our company does not install equipment, we sell it to contractors and sometimes direct to customers if we sell direct to a customer we sub out all the trades, have a factory start-up then respond to service calls if the call is a problem with the equipment we call the factory in to service it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12