I am getting some bids for replacement of split systems for several rental properties I manage . One contractor who mostly install apts and condo's 20-200 units per job . He said said had a number of the above units in his warehouse that he said were overstock units all made by Nordyne and he would give me a good deal on sytems used . He now uses mostly Goodman and Bryant on his big jobs. My question is whether it worth fooling with these Nordyne units ? ( availbility of parts etc) -thanks

Lightbulb

do w/ bryant or goodman i've never been a fan of nordyne. miller is the biggest piece of crap they make but they seem to have a long list of junk. my personal oppinon stay away from it. goodman shouldn't be anymore expensive and is better quality,or bryant which is quality as long as it's not a builders model.

They are still around manfactured in missouri (nordyne) they also mfg. Frigidaire furnaces and a/c >><<Heil is icp products aka.. tempstar,heil, and some other names. thermo zone was a brand manufactured for an independent distributer. Check the year made and would they be under full manufacture warranty? all are good. Heil is mfg someplace else.

Thermal Zone was a private label for Pameco who is long out of biz. Wonder what kind of warranty there will be on them?

I'd go Goodman over builder Bryant, lot better built unit to withstand the abuses they take in multi-family.

Heil and Arcoaire are manufactured by International Comfort Products. Good quality units with strong warranties (depending on models)

ICP part of United Technologies, as is Carrier