Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie From CT

Noel
    Thanks for the information...
    Jim

Good luck on your new career. I went to TCI now called Barrons Institute and have never looked back. Alot of good times and hard work!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

There are worse professions.......lets see.........
    Plumbing, roofing, telemarketer, proctologist, used car salesman, waiter, cashier, tool booth money taker, and hvac forum moderator..........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

It ain't too late to head to that bus stop....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

dawg158

Where in CT are you from? I live in CT too, hence my nick. I work for an outfit out of Uncasville, and we cover all of new london county.

Let me know where you are, if you are close enough I will put you in touch with my boss, as he has hired people in the past that are going to school or have just graduated.

Danbury Ct here dog!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Went to ICPA when it was in Wallingford. Two plus years of nights 2x a week, and some days to speed things up. During the day I "apprenticed" with an oil co., which really meant doing service solo and installations (with an apprentice's "helper")

Keep one eye on your books and the other on practical experience. There are many, many bad habits out there that should be ignored.

But like I said before, the greatest tech in the world is worth sh** if he is a dick. Attitude is everything. Willingness to learn and to do anything is key.

Hey Freeze-I do some sub work for Total Comfort from time to time. Used to do some boilers for Hoffman, years ago, but no more..

I'm north of Hartford but don't mind traveling.
    I'm taking the class full time during the day so it only leaves friday and saturday for work expierence so we'll see how it goes. Plus I'm still gonna work my full time job til class is over or a new job comes along.

Freezking,
    When did you graduate Barons's/ TCI?

Wow....... 2 other fellow CT residents here. cool! Wish I could find a nice FEMALE in connecticut my age that is interested in dating LOL

Dog158

80% of problems are electrical. Learn everything you can on the theory and application of electrical. It is the hardest part to learn, but will pay dividends later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12