Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The adkins diet is not healthy for the long term, your liver will suffer from processing all the protien. Carbs are what we need for energy, if not taken in excess no problem, like anything else in life.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Why don't you all become gay, most of them are skinny, ask dice he'll tell you.

Oh i've lost about six pounds and want to drop about six or eight more. I'm just eating less at night and when the streets get better i'll walk almost every night. I'm eighteen pounds over the weight I was after boot camp thirty seven years ago, it's just in a different area.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

AirCooled - Have your blood checked for a thyroid imbalance!

Do you smoke?

Do you usually take an afternoon nap every day?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Dr.Dice, I have this pain under my left ear lobe. What could it be? Also I've had the urge lately to pee inside my door panel? What's that about?

Talking

a good diet,ie: veggies,low carbs. baked, broiled or boiled.
    walking is good. sex is a plus. i went from 225# to 156 in 12 months,feel great. 54 yrs. young

Talking

I joined a Gym 2 months ago. i go 3 times a week lift weights for aobut a hr then ride a eliptical bike for about 1/2 hr to 45 min. I try to do a bit of cardio every time i go. so far i have gained 5 lbs. But my pants are still loose so i think its mucsle.

Good luck. EAT YOUR VEGeTABLES
    Hire Me....

Benny

Originally posted by mattm
    Dr.Dice, I have this pain under my left ear lobe. What could it be? Also I've had the urge lately to pee inside my door panel? What's that about?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by vmc1161
    Why don't you all become gay, most of them are skinny, ask dice he'll tell you.

Oh i've lost about six pounds and want to drop about six or eight more.
    First off, if you remember I was rejected by the gay mens association, and second, if ya wanna lose ten pounds of ugly fat, cut off your head.

It's old, I know, but...it fit in so well here.......doncha think?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

HA HA Dice shows how much you know, my head doesn't weigh ten pounds.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    HA HA Dice shows how much you know, my head doesn't weigh ten pounds.
    Cause it's empty.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA Mattm shows how much you know my heads not completely empty.

Mine is this morning. Been at work for 2 hrs and aint did ****, but play on here.

Have to go now, I'm out of coffee.

Talking

Hey, if we all went to work for some of these HOs that want it all for nothing, we wouldn't have time to eat!!! We'd be running warranty calls all day and all night long! Anyway, here's the straight "skinny." I've done WW and lost 40+ lbs. Gained it all and then some back. Done the Atkins, with the same results, (Dice is right, extremely stressful on kidneys!! and no good "relief.") Even done one called the Mayo Clinic Diet, similar to Atkins. Anyway, a change in lifestyle is what has to take place and no, I'm not talking about the Richard Simmons lifestyle. I suggest going to Health Management Resources site (www.hmrprogram.com) This is a nutritioinal program that I have been involved with for the past two years in conjunction with a regular regiment of exercise. To put it in perspective, had open-heart surgery two years ago (49 yrs. old) and now have a carbon-titanium aorta valve and av conduit (section of aorta is dacron tubing). Would NOT suggest this as a method of weight loss. Anyway, what I learned during this HMR program is way more than all the others combined. Was at 290# when started, am now at 235, and have replaced alot of fat with muscle. Work with a personal trainer once a month, to keep me on track. The best testimony I heard from a speaker in the class was "nothing tastes as good as this feels" referring to the better overhealth he has experienced. I am on no medication except Coumadin for the valve, and am probably in better physical health that when I was 18 years old.

Any program needs to be a balance of nutrition and exercise. One without the other will result in disappointment. You also will get discouraged with any program that you feel deprived.

I also learned that muscle weighs more than fat, so instead of getting hung up on the "weight" I look at body mass index which takes into account water, muscle mass, overall weight, and fat mass.

If you are serious about the weight, I suggest a program that is a committment to a long term change in both nutrition and exercise. Those of you that are still pretty active in the service field probably get a good amount of exercise, but I can tell you from my own experience that the fast food stops during the day were a real killer. And taking my lunch was too much trouble. I really feel for you guys in the field that have to "eat on the run" but the change has to be to both lifestyle and nutrition. And, I agree, portion control. Keep in mind that you probably can't eat enough fresh fruit and vegetables to equal what your intake would be from a Big super duper Cardio burger and fries.

The HMR program utilizes pre-packaged meals and although some would consider it "expensive," what price do you put on your health? All the best, Irish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast