Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Bad to the Bonessssssss.And then Some!

Well reach that magic number 325lbs and feel bad so I started the Adkin's diet..Treadmill,weights and walking today..

I would like to hear from a few of you guy's how to keep the lbs off..

I do work around the house ,yard,honey due's.walk the dog.
    But,since I am not working putting on alot of weight.

BE NICE...Big Boy's need help too....

GL, i don't know how to take the lbs off, but i know how to put them on....

Don't try too much at once,and concentrate on the cardiovaascular type excerise at first.Get the heart and lungs in shape and then work on the rest and dont push it....... again GL, i need to loose a few(cough 50 lbs) myself..

Regards the Atkins Diet. I did it religiously for 1 month. I did lose 10 lbs. However I had gout 6 times during the month. I guess this is a common ailment amoung some guys on the Atkins.

Also forget about taking a good healthy poop while you are on the Atkins.

The problem I have is that there is too much temptation around. I ask my wife not to buy cookies and candy. Every were I look is dishes of cookies and candy at home and at work.

Exercise is the best. You start to feel better right away once you start. Good luck and keep us posted.

Geeze aircooled, there is a lot of you isn't there!

Exercise of course is great and it's true you feel better. But I found it an awfully slow way to reduce weight. I also find the diets, especially Atkins, really unhealthy.

I read a book about nutrition and learned about the fats etc. In particular, hydrogenated fat does not get metabolized and so just goes right on as fat. I cut out ALL things with hydrogenated fat and most things with other fat like french fries, hot dogs etc. It takes time but it can become interesting, learning about the foods and looking for the good stuff. Lots of sacrifice though. I haven't had a donut in 2 years. But if you don't eat it, it won't make you fat, garanteed.

Good luck to you.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Ditch the Atkins thing. Everyone I heve ever known that tried it regained all the wight very quickly.
    Dr. Adkins died of a heart attack and was fat....

I'm pushing 280 now and have finally gotten tired of it, so this is what I'm going to do.

A sensable diet with a good bit of "sticky" vegatables, like cabage and some of the asian veggies. The "sticky" vegatables will actually keep you from absorbing much of the fat in the other foods you eat with them.

Exercise with a good ballance of cardio and weight lifting. Weight training is probably the best exercise for fat loss. Not only do you burn calories while doing it, but your body uses up a lot of energy for a few hours after the exercise as it is repairing damaged muscle and building new muscle. Increaased muscle mass also burns more calories. It is vital that you eat something high in protein after a workout if you want full effect. There are many shake mix and energy bar type products specifically for this.

Up untill I was 22, I was a competative power lifter and ran around 200 lbs with 10-12% body fat and had about as bad of eating habits as you can imagin. Despite my 100% junk food diet, I was slim all the time, not as cut up as a bodybuilder that runs 6% or less body fat, but I still had a nice "6 pack" going on.
    Injuries forced me to put the heavy weights away when I was 22, and I kinda fell out of doing any meaningfull exercise at all, but I still kept eating the same, just less of it. 15 years later, I can toss a furnace up in an attic, but my "6 pack" is more like a medicin ball now.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Forget all fad diets, in the end you go back and become a big fat slob again.........
    I mentioned in here before that my C level was getting high. I decided right there and then that I had to live a long healthy life not only for my family but to keep you guys in line. Soooooooo although I was never near your weight, I knew I could feel better and do better.
    I began exercising almost every day, and yeah, it sucks. And watching what I eat, like Don, forget the donuts, fries and all fats and especially TRANS-FATS...... these are the secret killers in many foods like crackers and etc. Mostly used in mass production of foods. Recently the fed gov and food industry has come to terms to label transfats on all foods, I think in a couple years it takes effect. So just get it in your head right now.....there is no easy way, no other way. Work at it, remain consistant and you would be surprised how you start to feel better in just a few weeks. Good luck, don't be a pussy, you can do it, if you can stand doing hvac all your life, you can get in shape that's for sure.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    I read a book about nutrition and learned about the fats etc. In particular, hydrogenated fat does not get metabolized and so just goes right on as fat.
    What will really scare you is reading up on some of the research that is linking hydrogenated fats to a number of nasty types of cancer, and that it is worse for blood cholesterol levels than any of the natural fats. Then look at the packaging of just about anything on the shelf in the supermarket.
    Almost everything that comes in a can or a package has some sort of partially hydrogenated oil in it, as does virtually everything from fast food joints.

if you don't eat it, it won't make you fat, garanteed.
    Oh so true!

I'm with Don..You have to train your body to burn the fat.
    You have to eat the right food at the right time of day and
    you have to stop munchin after 6pm.

Aircooled you might have a thyroid problem that keeps your
    body metabolism down.
    I wished my son was here he could help much better then me
    on this subject.

You should really go see an expert on these matters,because
    diets are very harmful to your health.You truly need to get
    the whole picture of what is going with your body.

I'm been on mine for two weeks now,and man I sure hate oatmeal without surgar or milk.

All the best to you aircool.

Originally posted by mark beiser
    Adkins died of a heart attack and was fat....
    He did not die of a heart attack and he wasn't fat. The diet will work if you stick with it religiously. I couldn't do that and found the only way for me to shed the pounds was through cutting my portions down and exercising.

I pretty much gave up the pop, and drank water insted. Did lot of walking after supper..

I lost 20 lbs in about 2 months.. I stayed with my regular meal, and cut back on the sweets.

Reduce boredom = reduce munchies = reduced weight. Seems I eat when I'm bored. Who'da thought? I was 235 and felt every nanoounce. But my biggest problem (so my Dr said) wasn't the weight..It was the pressure it the elevated sugar my wieght was causing. I never actually reach the "D" word (diabetic) but I have lost 15lbs and feel better. my sugar level is better too. I know a guy who was a juvinile diabetic..at 43 his wife took off and he lost so much weight the Drs took him off all his insulin/drugs because his body was making enough to cope. The D.A. got married again and now has to poke himself 1,2,3 times a day with insulin.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by mattm
    He did not die of a heart attack and he wasn't fat. The diet will work if you stick with it religiously. I couldn't do that and found the only way for me to shed the pounds was through cutting my portions down and exercising.
    My bad, news report I saw at the time said heart attack and that he was overweight, I never looked into it at all.

My wife has been into the Atkins diet for several years and after he died I was telling her he probably really had a heart attack but they threw him out on the ice to cover it up.

It is a trip though how it didn't take off untill after he died.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast