Hi HVAC/R Lab technician Lansing, MI

I just noticed this forum, and thought i would stick my introduction here.

I am working out of Lansing, Michigan. I work for Lansing Community College as their lab technician currently. We have a wide range of equipment that i preform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and "break" equipment for students to troubleshoot. I also act in a supplemental instruction role to help students grasp concepts or processes related to their classes, and provide additional lab experience to students.

I have an AAS in hvac/r building maintenance as well as a few certificates. I am EPA certified also.

The vast majority of my experience lies in comfort conditioning, although i have on occasion worked with high, medium, and low temp refrigeration systems, mostly PM stuff ( oil changes, topping off or checking charges, electrical troubleshooting, etc ) We do have more commercial equipment such as a 10 ton chiller, 350,000 btu hot water boiler and 300,000 btu steam boiler. I have some experience with hydronic heat, but little steam experience (wouldn't what the boiler makers to come after me!)

I joined this site to gain knowledge on a multitude of subjects and get those helpful little "tricks of the trade" that those who have been there, done that typically have to offer.

Thanks for letting me be a part of such a useful community!

- Jared

hi, post to 15 and get into the pro forums. Lots of brains around here!

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessfurnace View Post
    hi, post to 15 and get into the pro forums. Lots of brains around here!
    i've almost got 100 posts already... and already applied, still haven't heard anything back.

thanks for the welcome, though!

Patience Young Skywalker, membership committee will catch up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Patience Young Skywalker, membership committee will catch up to you.
    ya, i figure they are not paid, they can do it in their own time. i am having a good time in the meantime reading all of the public forums.