Just got off the phone with an Insurance Co that would not do a policy because I said there is a possibility that I will be doing new construction. He said that the contractors want certificates of ins. issued to them and are likely drag the ac co to court on the event of lawsuit against them. I've got several other ins co's working on quotes at the time. What are some of the companies you guys use? I dont mind paying for a good policy, and I want one that covers just about everything. I also dont want any problems in the event of a claim. Any suggestions?

Hooper and Hines

1 800 691-0050

been using them for 6 years, they are the best, period.

Thats the company that I just got off the phone with. Norman Hines CIC LRM Dallas TX. (214)327-6377. If you are doing new construction you may want to check your contract. I was flat out told that they dont do policies for co's doing new construction, he said their policies are too cheap and deductibles to low to offer that kind of coverage. I asked "well what will it cost to get a policy that will cover it" and was told to find another provider!
    Perhaps I'm ignorant and most hvac co's are neglecting to tell their ins what they are doing?

Its most likely that its the type of new home. netherland, jim walter, and many others. Also condos and town homes. They do not want to cover these due to excessive lawsuits and shared liability. Iff you want to do these home you can just go to any other liability ins provider. You can expect to pay 2 - 4 times the cost of hooper hines.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Why is it so difficult to find insurance for new constructin

Originally posted by ct2
    Why is it so difficult to find insurance for new constructin
    Because these builders are erecting junk and beating all the trades down on price so low it is causing poor workmanship, and now everyone is paying for it except the builders. They want the Porsche at Pinto pricing.

I did not specify what type of new construction nor did he ask. I have a few friends that I contacted who carry hoop & hines and told them to check their policies to make sure they are covered. I pay alot more in medical, accident, auto, life and home insurance. Sounds to me that H&H doesnt need any more business.