Thread: New old member here.

Post Likes

New old member here.

Well, I suppose I should make a proper introduction, so here goes. I was actually an active member on this site several years ago but life changes and relocation took me away for a while and I just happened to rediscover it again recently.

My name is Brad, and I have been in the HVAC industry for nearly 20 years now. I started as an installer /service helper for a small Lennox dealer in central Ohio back in ’90 and worked there 2 or 3 years and then went to work for a supply house where I spent the next 4 years doing a little bit of everything from counter sales to tech support. From there I started my own residential service/installation company that did very well for the next 10 years. Until the economy started to take a dive, and I was looking at a divorce on the horizon. Not to mention a growing dependence on alcohol & other substances to try to maintain my sanity at the time. I ended up bankrupt, lost EVERYTHING, and decided it was time for a complete career change because I had become burnt out and exhausted. I decided to try my hand as a Hearing Aid salesman. That lasted a grand total of 5 months for me to decide that wasn’t what I was cut out for. Being locked away in an office in a suit & tie for 8 hours a day was definitely not for me! So I came back to my roots. I am currently employed at a mid sized mechanical contracting company in Chillicothe, Ohio. I hold the position of sales/project manager and have been here for 4 years now.

There are moments that I miss my days of being self employed, but there is a lot to be said for a guaranteed paycheck every week, and being able to go home & leave work at work (for the most part).

I look forward to meeting new folks here and sharing in the wealth of knowledge & experience that is available.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Brad,

Welcome back. Get your post count up and apply for pro, and you'll be amazed at the wealth of information that will be available to you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillitech71 View Post
    Well, I suppose I should make a proper introduction, so here goes. I was actually an active member on this site several years ago but life changes and relocation took me away for a while and I just happened to rediscover it again recently.

My name is Brad, and I have been in the HVAC industry for nearly 20 years now. I started as an installer /service helper for a small Lennox dealer in central Ohio back in ’90 and worked there 2 or 3 years and then went to work for a supply house where I spent the next 4 years doing a little bit of everything from counter sales to tech support. From there I started my own residential service/installation company that did very well for the next 10 years. Until the economy started to take a dive, and I was looking at a divorce on the horizon. Not to mention a growing dependence on alcohol & other substances to try to maintain my sanity at the time. I ended up bankrupt, lost EVERYTHING, and decided it was time for a complete career change because I had become burnt out and exhausted. I decided to try my hand as a Hearing Aid salesman. That lasted a grand total of 5 months for me to decide that wasn’t what I was cut out for. Being locked away in an office in a suit & tie for 8 hours a day was definitely not for me! So I came back to my roots. I am currently employed at a mid sized mechanical contracting company in Chillicothe, Ohio. I hold the position of sales/project manager and have been here for 4 years now.

There are moments that I miss my days of being self employed, but there is a lot to be said for a guaranteed paycheck every week, and being able to go home & leave work at work (for the most part).

I look forward to meeting new folks here and sharing in the wealth of knowledge & experience that is available.
    Glad to have you back. This is a great support group for all of us. Everyone has something to add and everyone has something to gain. Hope you make the best of this great resource for our trade.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    Thanks ! I've spent many hours over the last couple days catching up on the reading here. I really want to get my post count up to apply for pro membership, but I won't chime in on a discussion if I have nothing useful to say just for post counts ..

I forgot to mention in my intro, what a humbling experience it was to lose EVERYTHING ! I lived very good for several years, but I wasn't happy.. And even though my income is substancially less than it was a few years ago, being happy in my life is worth more than any material possesions could ever be.. Although it would be nice to be able to pay all the bills and have a little bit left for recreation .. I guess I had to hit rock bottom to see where I was headed. I still enjoy a few cold ones here & there,and it took me a couple years before I could do that even, but aside from that I've been clean & sober for 4 years now !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in