Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motocross

Thumbs up

When I'm not work'in to make the Co. money I really enjoy racing dirtbikes. I also enjoy trail riding also. Which usually turns into racing..lol...anyone else here like to ride dirtbikes? I have a 02'Cr250..

a buddy of mine rides. I got a Yamaha 50 for my 2 boys.

Originally posted by duc dowg
    a buddy of mine rides. I got a Yamaha 50 for my 2 boys.
    That's cool your kids ride. I wish I could have started riding sooner..No one else on here ride dirtbikes??

motocross invaded my life about 6 years ago when i thought it would be fun for my 9 year old to have a dirt bike. i rode trails when i was a kid and wanted to give him the thrill. it has now turned into a 15,000 dollar a year hobby and that doesn't count the medical bills. we do "side jobs" to pay for it and has given me the opportunity to teach him the trade. it is a great sport and the friends we have made will do anything to help you parts advice etc. he even got me back on a bike. he rides a rm125 i have a kx250. we race district 5 around pittsburgh. it is truly the most demanding sport in the world and i played most of them. the combination of strength endurance guts and cordination is amazing to behold. tough carrying a compressor up a ladder the next. day ouch my knees!

Yes when you ride all the bad thing in life & bills go away.

used to race em back in the eighties, loved that feeling of raw power. traveled around the east coast a while doing it, nothing let now but great memories and the occasional aching joints during rainy weather from all the broken bones.

Motocross, One of my best memories of my youth. I raced in 5 states from 79 to 88 (the year I got married). I still watch it on TV and in my mind I still think I could jump on a bike and do what I did when I quit. I can't think of any sport that gets you in better shape than motocross and it amazes me what these bikes are doing now. The last year I raced in the nationals in Ponca City there were a couple guys doubling a jump that had never been done before. One of them was Jeff Emig and the other was Denny Stevenson. These kids were on bikes like no one else had ever had and it made things possible that were not even dreamed of in years past. I will admit that motocross is in my blood but I have tried to keep it from my kids (which I know is not right) but I saw helicopters land to get kids so many times and one kid killed that lived 10 miles from me. I talked them into 4-wheelers and so far its working.

Originally posted by framehvac
    ...That's so true,complete freedom. To Viceman, yes I know it's very expensive,I've raced a couple of D-5races.I live one mile down the road from Cernics(Pleasure Valley Raceway).Hey flange; I've had my far share of broken bones also,but I'll never learn.lol. Yeah Trane,Their even doing back flips on bikes now.I guess it will always be in my blood also and I've seen some really bad stuff happen too but It happens in all sports,especially motor sports.

A couple of sports that keep you in better shape than motocross include Hockey and Boxing(not necessarily in that order).
    Motocross is physically taxing and I'm not sure I could watch one of my kids do it. I went to school with a kid named Donny Schmidt who did pretty well in the sport(I think he comes up in a search engine or 2). I haven't seen him in awhile but he said he broke his back racing when we chatted last. If you choose to ride or let your kids ride keep everyone safe. It's just a sport after all. Remember to have fun.

Smile

i thought hockey and boxing were the same sport !

Originally posted by framehvac
    Untill you smack into a tree.

Hey Viceman, are you Dicemans twin brother? You're both from the same backwards area.

Yup, bikes..

Back before I got into HVAC I was a real bike addict. The girl I was engaged to, her father owned a Honda dealership. She worked there, and I came on board as a service mgr. He retired, then we ran the dealership. We had a blast! I lived and breathed two wheels, even four wheels. I remember the CR500's being a freaking MONSTER!

Ran some 40 mile enduro's on my XR600, did some ice racing on a quad or two. Motocross was for the young 'uns, really..though jumping a CR125 was a hoot. Rode TONS of bikes as part of my job..Vmax's when they just came out, Wings, Helix scooters, GSXR's, Hurricanes, V65 Magna's, and on and on..

Still have a bunch of 50 cc mini trails (for fun), and a CX650 Turbo.

Haven't ridden in 6 years

I started the boy out on a TTR 90,he was 9 at the time. He is 13 now and has moved up to a TTR 125(2 yrs ago)the 125 is maxed out right now and is way to fast, he scares the crap out of me when he gets 20 or more feet of air.
    We take a week off during the summer and go ridding. I wonder how long he will keep ridding with dad, I think I have about 2 yrs left then its all about girls. so I am going to enjoy it while it last

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast