Tech vs Salesman - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

I sell it i fix it i maintain it money money money !!!

rubobornot Guest
    If your going into sales make sure your manure spreader is on full automatic / are you Bob Or not / rubobornot

Originally posted by rubobornot
    If your going into sales make sure your manure spreader is on full automatic / are you Bob Or not / rubobornot
    If that was your sales plan, its no wonder it didn't work for you...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Originally posted by BoltonNC
    Originally posted by rubobornot
    If that was your sales plan, its no wonder it didn't work for you...
    I'll second that statement NC!!!

If it is between your company and 2 other companies is it wrong to lead the customer to your company? Unless your company is based on bull crap then it is not wrong.

42yrs exp is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address

So you want to be a slaesman

I had the same experience as Control-noob. I tried sales in HVACR three times and failed. Once I almost lost my home.
    So if you want to be in Sales, You'd better have about two years salary in your saving account, so you can draw from it to support yourself and your family.

If you want to be professional saleman try selling homes or cars, or trucks, or airplanes, or earth movers, or boats. Try selling something that takes you so far away from HVACR sales and or repair that you forget you ever did HVACR work.

It is very, very hard to let go of that repairmans paycheck.
    Many, many, many technican's try sales and service, and fail. When jumping back and forth from service to sales you get burnt out and become less and less productive. To be successful in sales you have to devote all of your energies to sales,and not part time energies. There are only so many hours in a day. Don't be an energic young fool. There are many other sales jobs that you'll make more money doing.

However, if you feel you are a born salesman, Good Luck. You'll need it. Make sure you have considerable savings.

There are some good sales opportunities for technicians in HVACR companies that allow the technicians (mechanics) to sell new equipment. I worked for a company that when on a repair I could sell the customer a new system and get 5% commission. So on a complete 4,000.00 residential installation I would get 5% $(200.00)after the checks cleared. Some weeks I sold two systems. Thats $400 commission plus my $920.00 weekly wage. It adds up. But I did not consider myself a professional sales person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12