Thread: BACnet display

(Boy, if this were LON, I'd have no problem at all getting help for this...)

I've got a job wrapping up in a couple months with Native BACnet unitary controllers; the job specs call for NO PC, but simply some sort of LCD display that allow for monitoring and modifying all the typical data for 4 airhandlers and 28 VAV's - zone temp, setpoint, flow data, airhandler temps and setpoints, etc.
    I went ahead and purchased from a professional colleague in the area a Delta DSM-T0B, which says it will talk BACnet-MS/TP, and give me the data I need. Given that I don't have the software to program it myself, and I'm not sure how I'm going to explain to the building operator how to use 16 numbered keys to get to data, I'm looking for alternatives.
    Unfortunately, I can't find any, at least that I can purchase without being an Alerton dealer! Does anyone have any leads on a readily available BACnet-MS/TP LCD display? I've seen one manufactured in Germany by Amann that looks like the ticket, but I can't imagine how to obtain one...

Look at http://www.reliablecontrols.com/prod...index.html#SSL

look at smart sensor LCD you may be able to combine it with MachVision
    http://www.reliablecontrols.com/prod...ers/index.html
    and go from there.

I don't think it is quite what you are looking for but may be a start.

For LON, I am curious have you found something that is reasonably priced, if so please post a few links.
    Thanks

[Edited by amigo on 02-14-2005 at 05:42 PM]

Well, the Reliable product won't work (I took a look at this a while ago) because it has very limited network I/O capability. So I'll keep looking...

As far LON displays go, our company has successfully used two different ones, one by Plexus called the LDX-10 http://www.plexus-technology.com/LDX10.htm (we bought ours through Circon) and the Distech display http://www.distech-controls.com/DIST...DSDISPL-12.pdf

Any BACnet equivalents?

All LCD's are too expensive to me. Although I can't see you getting one for BACnet... not unless it is part of a GC.

On the LON side I really like the quality construction of the Loytec L-VIS with the single dial interface. It is not cheap. It seems like the front panel is literally a 3/16 piece of stainless steel.

Telda also has a small touchscreen. (I've heard good things)

In LON it's hard to justify the small screen costs when web servers are so cheap. If companies don't like the M-soft they can go with an ilon and a touchscreen or plug in any computer and get alot more for the $$$.

Anyway Davem what you really have is not a BACnet specification but really an Alerton specification.

....which is the way it goes in the BACnet world.

Hmm

So true, so true. Unfortunately, we saw this project as a way to expand our capabilities into the BACnet-MS/TP world, and are suffering the consequences of having that little world dominated by Alerton and ALC to date. Oh well, chalk one up to the school of hard knocks.

By the way, I did notice Loytec's L-VIS in my Internet searches for my display, and liked what I saw, but alas, no BACnet equivalent to be found...I think it's time for me to chime in on the BACnet-vs-LON thread...

Loytec does have the LISA so maybe it's just a matter of time before you could utilize L-Vis in that capacity... although it doesn't seem that the Loytec guys push BACnet very much.

Must be all those sucessful European LON installations.