Kampeh - I understand your concern of getting the best product... but honestly you're wasting your time on seeking out the best PRODUCT. Equally, the best product for YOUR application & budget may vary to others.
Spend your time on researching the BEST CONTRACTOR.
As you've learned so far on this site, all mfg have a full line of equip. from low end builder models (yes even w/ high SEER) to top shelf product w/ all the bells & whistles.
All contractors have preferances of equipment based on thier own personal experiances of dependability, durability, parts availiabilty, vendor support, performance, noise level, ease of service - percieved value.
Here's a to do list:
1) Stay with a top name brand. Carrier, Trane, Lennox. They have the infrastructure to help after the sale.
2) Ask your contractor for a copy of his lic., workers comp ins. and a list of referrals
3) Ask if the contractor is 100% drug free
4) Ask if you will recieve 24 hr service EVEN IN WARRNTY after the sale.
5) Ask for the extended warranty - the best contractors offer a 12 Yr parts & Labor w/ a 12 Yr NO LEMON warranty + a garranty of min. 25% electrical savings + 10 yr rust thru warranty
6) Ck with the BBB
7) Ask to visit a job site to see one just like the one you'll be getting --- do you like the contractors craftsmanship?
8) Ask if all workers are employees totally under his control or subcontractors
9) Ask if he's going to obtain all permits.
10) Ask if he's going to protect your home w/ drop cloths & his employees wear booties.
Treat your contractor fairly & expect the same.