Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brands

Since I have not found information on Brand price differences, and none of the estimates I have include service/product price breckdown, how could I know or make decisions on brand? All I read is that Trane tends to cost more. How vague is that? Now I'm leaning toward Carrier. But I have no clue about what the differernce really is. It's all about the installing contractor and what they advise.

If you really want a price break down, ask the contractors bidding your job, if they really want your job, they will do it.

If one unit cost x hundred dollars more then the next, is it really a better unit?
    Not always, so go with the contractor that is more interesred in what you want.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Lightbulb

if you get enough estimates and talk with the contractors you'll get a idea of what to expect the more informative and the one you feel comfortable is the one i'd go w/. also dealers of carrier or trane are authorized to sell that equipment meaning carrier or trane trusts that this contractor is doing or has been doing a good job for them. it may cost a little more but i'd go with a carrier my personal fav or trane .look for a authorized dealer you feel comfortable with..

Ok here goes
    Do you buy all name brand items? Cloths, food, cars
    How about restaurants do you eat only at national chains?
    Do you se where I’m going with this?
    Most equipment on the market is good equipment IF ITS INSTALLED RIGHT. However each model will have different features that’s what matters. Anything you have installed should heat/cool your home but is that all you want? For example operating costs, even temps, noise, warranty, esthetics. Lots of variables so it’s back to the drawing board look at what your getting not whose name is on it.

Within a brand, there are different grades of equipment. Be sure you are looking at similar units. A builder unit in 1 brand will be less than a premium unit of another. Post model #s of units in question we can help sort it out. We can't help you on price, that varies by job & contractor.

pricing will depend on your area, brands however do not really vary that much in price. obviously a contractor will get a better price from the supplier he usually deals with.

if a customer wants a different brand than we usually sell, you're talking a couple hundred of dollars max.

talk to your local contractors and find out which one has a close proximity to his dealer. if the trane parts house is 90 miles away, it won't do you much good on a friday evening.

the dealer/contractor relationship is very important from a contractors point of view, for customer service.

our dealer will bend over backward to accomodate us in any way. others just aren't helpful, simply because we do not do alot of business with them.

and i do not want to speak of all hd installation companies, but.......

Brands

I suggest you go look at some installed brands. Ask your prospective contractor for a few names where your desired brands are installed. Look at the units, listen to the units, feel the units. There are differences between brands. Trane usually does cost a little more, but the craftsmanship of Trane is second to none. The reliability of Trane is second to none. That Trane unit will still look good in 10 years where many others will be a bucket of rust.So, go look at the different units & you tell me if there is a difference.

Thanks for the response.
    I'm very satisfied I have a good contractor, who only really wants to install Carrier. I thought about asking him to install a YORK AC unit, because I like the Affinity color. But forget it, he's going to install all Carrier equipment, 3 ton 13 SEER Infinity Gas furnace 92% AFUE and Humidifier. If this contractor supplied Trane, I would have gone with Trane.

Talking

Thanks for the response.
    I'm very satisfied I have a good contractor, who only really wants to install Carrier. I thought about asking him to install a YORK AC unit, because I like the Affinity color. But forget it, he's going to install all Carrier equipment, 3 ton 13 SEER Infinity Gas furnace 92% AFUE and Humidifier. If this contractor supplied Trane, I would have gone with Trane.
    this way you will be happy w/ you're choice...both are great equipment.

Thumbs up Brands

You will be fine with the Carrier. It is always best to deal with the contractor you feel more comfortable with. I recommend Trane & Carrier to all people; anything else is a step down!

Smile

That's reassuring. Thanks. I'm looking forward to my new and better "indoor comfort" with a quality system and a good contractor.

Before you buy any brand do your research and see how long they supply parts asp gas units...

WARNING any brand York international carries cuts their parts at 10 years so if you need a gas burner fo example at 12 years you are out of luck.....

Not quite true, but it does semm that way with some of the UPG units.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast