Question

Service Experts sold back to orginal ISL group and founders of CSG. Effective Feb.1,2005
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Service Experts I hear that they are hard to work for.

Well, here's what I read on the ISL website:

"On February 1, 2005 the ownership of ISL was transferred from Service Experts, Inc., a subsidiary of Lennox Industries, to three of ISL's member contractors."

Service Experts sold out to Lennox that is the one in wv is.

I only wonder but it's tasty to see, that if the trend will start to happen by where these manufacturers begin to divest these service shop ventures. I am no expert. Nor do I have 30 years as a high level corporate guy in this business. But I have been in one form or another dependant upon this trade to put food on my table for the better part of my life. My old man was a contractor, my brothers are in it. I am one.

As I have heard from many people involved in these ventures, be it residential or commercial, that the manufacturers want to see profit margins unimaginable prior to their introduction into this trade. Having an expectation to increASE BUSINESS AND PROFITS IS ONE THING. But to get fancy with running a service shop, well it simply doesn't work. Maintain traditional flows and procedures and perfect them and you get about as much efficency, which should increase your bottom line, give your customers great customer service and grow with slow pragmatic disciplined growth.

It is also that these types beleive a manager can manage technicians. In my opinion. Mine alone it seems. There is only one capable way to deal with the role of service manager. One that would have atleast 15 to 20 years of experience in which he performed his job as a service tech at very high levels. One that was the team glue that kept all guys in high respect of him. One that has either the natural ability or one that can br bred to lead.

I see these manufacturers install managers that have some to none feild, terrible with people. Lets face the godamn facts. To get a good service manager, that guy has to be good at people, know his stuff on service, likable, manages resources well. Those guys are out there. Some of you may be ripe for the job. But they cost money.