Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I quoted this post to my class of HVAC students.
    I think they actually understood the message.
    But, they're brighter than average.

So how was his 1st day on the job??

Originally posted by mattm
    He hurt his back and filed for workmens comp and long term disabilty.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I was late on the first day

I was 19. I lived 100 miles from the job. The year was 1973. I had a 1968 FuryIII. It was a 3 speed on the column. As I was backing out of the driveway, the shifter broke. No gears. I went to borrow a friend's car, now it's 3am. Finally got to work. Late by an hour. That day the boss fired 3 guy's for taking their break too early. Come to find out his watch had stopped. He rehired them. I was thinking WTF have I gotten myself into.

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by mattm
    He hurt his back and filed for workmens comp and long term disabilty.
    Dice; I had a guy do that to me, a knee instead of his back. Workers comp. told me it was an old injury but I was on the hook for it, it cost me dearly. My wife told me a week before to fire him but I was buried with work and told her I would after this job is over, haha can you imagine the conversation at our house that day. I wanted to fire him but my lawyer told me not to, he said when he comes back ( 5 months later ) to lay him off and just never bring him back, that way he can't sue you. Don't you just love being in business for yourself, actually I do but there are days.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Almost every guy I know that his back while playing recreational football, basketball or carrying furniture around on the weekend, crawled into work on Monday morning and fell over on the job..........sad.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I'm thinking you could get a contract for a sitcom with some of the stuff that happens on this board.

now thats funny this happens all to often

benncool,
    Maybe the feller went and enlisted.

Well its Sunday now and back to work tomorrow the kid has been 15 minutes early except the first day of course. smart kid he can make a go of this if he wants got a positive attitude and not afraid to work keeping my fingers crossed but he may just work out I keep you guys informed.

There are plenty of good reasons for calling off work on the first day at a new job, but none of them are acceptable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123