Thread: amer/standard compressors

Post Likes
    I been selling a/s equipment since about 95 ! I had good luck with thier compressor's till the past couple years ! I heard they ( trane ) moved thier compressors factory a few years back and Im wondering if any other dealers were having more compressors failures in the past several years ? Im looking for some imput from others with the same equipment . thanks bh
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Post Likes
    bob,I have been using A/S since 1988 and I have only had 7 compressors fail. One of them actually worked but, the union on the low side cracked and couldn't be repaired.I hope they keep up the Q/C. I have dealer meeting coming up in March/05 I am going to ask if they are doing anything diiferant at the plant.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Post Likes
    Around 2000, recip production moved south of the border. Since then we've replaced many more comps than we ever did in the previous 8 years since taking A-S on in 1992. I've lost faith in them. Of course when I asked a rep at the A-S booth at Comfortech, he said failures have gone down.

Have had good results with the scroll which is made in a joint venture plant with Copeland and Heatcraft. Some hard to pronounce city in Louisiana Fortunately we'll be seeing more scrolls as SEER goes up.

Post Likes
    a friend of mine is a am/std dealer,was talking a couple of weekends ago and he was complaining about problems w/ them. first time i'd ever heard him speak anything but priase of trane.he's been a dealer for about 10 yrs. it's not the first i've heard of problems w/ comp's for am/std.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in