Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 157

Thread: Obama care

  1. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You say your insurance is going up because of "Obamacare." Proof of that?

    As far as being more competitive with foreign nations. If we would actually enact a system like most other countries have we would be more competitive.

    If the price increase is really too high it can be cut back due to "Obamacare." It already has been done several times.
    I don't know how to post proof. Everyone at my company got new insurance forms with a notice that all insurance had gone up 27%. I don't pay for my own insurance and my wife gets hers from the company she works for, so it only affects me in the respect that my company has to pay more to give me insurance coverage.

    Aside from my word, I cannot think of how to prove what I say. Unlike you though, my word is good.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, I don't want government having any say so over my medical needs...period!

    Now, since my company must pay 27% more for employee health insurance because of Obamacare, U.S. companies are going to become even less capable of competing on the foreign market.
    Policy analysts at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners stated "As a general trend across all carriers in a state there's about a 1 to 2 to 3 percent increase in premiums in the individual market due to the health care law. If the legislation hadn't been enacted the bulk of reported premium increases still would have occurred.

    The real driver of the premiums is the costs."


    These preminum increases are mainly in the individual market.


    Stephanie Marquis of the Washington State Office of The Insurance Commissioner: "The large cost driver in what people are paying does not have to do with health care reform, it has to do with things that were happening well before health care reform and would continue to happen regardless of whether we had health care reform."

    Other states report similar findings and blame medical costs as the primary cause of preminum increases.


    So, the rise in insurance preminums is due mainly to rising medical costs while Obamacare is responsible for very little of these increases.

    Also these increases are mainly seen in the private market and have little or no effect on employer provided group plans.

    If your company is claiming Obamacare is responsible for the increased premiums ask to see their provider's paperwork.

    Insurance providers are required to list the causes of rate changes.

    Something smells in this 27% increase and it ain't Obamacare.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Policy analysts at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners stated "As a general trend across all carriers in a state there's about a 1 to 2 to 3 percent increase in premiums in the individual market due to the health care law. If the legislation hadn't been enacted the bulk of reported premium increases still would have occurred.

    The real driver of the premiums is the costs."


    These preminum increases are mainly in the individual market.


    Stephanie Marquis of the Washington State Office of The Insurance Commissioner: "The large cost driver in what people are paying does not have to do with health care reform, it has to do with things that were happening well before health care reform and would continue to happen regardless of whether we had health care reform."

    Other states report similar findings and blame medical costs as the primary cause of preminum increases.


    So, the rise in insurance preminums is due mainly to rising medical costs while Obamacare is responsible for very little of these increases.

    Also these increases are mainly seen in the private market and have little or no effect on employer provided group plans.

    If your company is claiming Obamacare is responsible for the increased premiums ask to see their provider's paperwork.

    Insurance providers are required to list the causes of rate changes.

    Something smells in this 27% increase and it ain't Obamacare.
    Something smells every time you post geer. There is no way government can get private industry to pay for more government beauracracy without raising the cost only a few points. These are the lies that leftist beauracrats constantly feed the public with convuluted rhetoric. In the end, when the government gets involved, the taxpayers and the American people suffer.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't know how to post proof. Everyone at my company got new insurance forms with a notice that all insurance had gone up 27%. I don't pay for my own insurance and my wife gets hers from the company she works for, so it only affects me in the respect that my company has to pay more to give me insurance coverage.

    Aside from my word, I cannot think of how to prove what I say. Unlike you though, my word is good.
    Typical conservative, you don't have an answer so you attack. Of course you don't have an answer, because it is not true.

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dothan, Al
    Posts
    3,453
    Not sure of the why, but........

    My 'portion' of the school ( state education ) insurance went up by $40 per month in October.

    Don't know how much overall it went up...just know that we now pay the $40 extra.
    Actually just checked...it went from 197/mo to 249/mo - thats actually $53/mo.

    So much for my yearly step increase - they just wiped that out.

    Does seem strange though that we had NOT had an increase for the past several years, but as soon as Obamacare comes along - whoops there we go.....

    There were also some changes in deductibles & prescriptions that will cost us more - just not sure what they are, as I don't use 'em.

    I go no proof that it was due to the Obamacare fiasco ( & it is a TOTAL fiasco ), but the timing sure makes it seem so....

    Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Something smells every time you post geer. There is no way government can get private industry to pay for more government beauracracy without raising the cost only a few points.
    So in other words you haven't got a shred of evidence to support your view or to counter the facts.

    Instead of any facts you present nothing more than one of your worn out rants fueled not by facts but because you dislike our President.



    These are the lies that leftist beauracrats constantly feed the public with convuluted rhetoric. In the end, when the government gets involved, the taxpayers and the American people suffer.
    Ummm........

    1. These lies as you call them are required reports from insurance companies.

    2. These leftist bureaucrats as you call them include Republican appointees.


    I'm sorry if the facts piss on your little fantasy tirade but I can only suggest you question your insurance provider concerning the reasons for the 27% rise in premiums.

    You wont like the answer but then you have never been one to let facts intrude upon your hysterically ridiculous rants.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Don't you guys have some argument in California or something?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Don't you guys have some argument in California or something?
    Not me, I headed to Mexico tomorrow morning for the holidays.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Typical conservative, you don't have an answer so you attack. Of course you don't have an answer, because it is not true.
    Your calling me a liar only reflects your personality and character, not mine.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Not sure of the why, but........

    My 'portion' of the school ( state education ) insurance went up by $40 per month in October.

    Don't know how much overall it went up...just know that we now pay the $40 extra.
    Actually just checked...it went from 197/mo to 249/mo - thats actually $53/mo.

    So much for my yearly step increase - they just wiped that out.

    Does seem strange though that we had NOT had an increase for the past several years, but as soon as Obamacare comes along - whoops there we go.....

    There were also some changes in deductibles & prescriptions that will cost us more - just not sure what they are, as I don't use 'em.

    I go no proof that it was due to the Obamacare fiasco ( & it is a TOTAL fiasco ), but the timing sure makes it seem so....

    Richard
    NO WAY! According to pagey, you are lying.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,133
    WOW!

    Is it ever peaceful without seeing the dribble from a few liberals...

    I think I got my H-talk Christmas present with the ignore button...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    So in other words you haven't got a shred of evidence to support your view or to counter the facts.

    Instead of any facts you present nothing more than one of your worn out rants fueled not by facts but because you dislike our President.



    Ummm........

    1. These lies as you call them are required reports from insurance companies.

    2. These leftist bureaucrats as you call them include Republican appointees.


    I'm sorry if the facts piss on your little fantasy tirade but I can only suggest you question your insurance provider concerning the reasons for the 27% rise in premiums.

    You wont like the answer but then you have never been one to let facts intrude upon your hysterically ridiculous rants.
    Maybe you missed the point that I don't pay for my insurance and so have no need to question my companies insurance carrier. The 27% is actually from a new insurance carrier because my company changed carriers in order to save money due to the increases in cost.

    Whether or not the costs come directly from the government or are costs the insurance carriers impose to cover their costs of having to deal with government control is irrelevant to the fact that the average American now must pay more for insurance since the government decided to Socialize insurance.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Not me, I headed to Mexico tomorrow morning for the holidays.
    Hmmm, you must have driven the DeLorean from Back to the Future.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event