Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 157

Thread: Obama care

  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Lessee...

    If I were the head of PR (public relations) for a leading doctor's association, and it was during 2009 when the public mood was 'pro' government subsidized medicine... you can bet your grandma's corset I would make statements like I wanted it...

    Then if I was the same guy in the same job now... seeing the public trend is against the same program (because the public realized there is nothing free), you can again bet your grandma's corset I would be against it...

    SOOO what did we learn: We learned that any organization will say whatever they (read this carefully now) THINK the public wants to hear. The truth is, there is NO TRUTH from a PR person... they only say what is in their best interest.

    Given this sad truth... any comments about the AMA being for or against this or that, IMO, are meaningless.
    There are many more besides the AMA. The AMA is the most conservative of most of them. There are polls of individual doctors. NEJM etc.

    This is what conservatives do when confronted with facts.

    http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/07/...more-strongly/

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    What? Post reports that relate to studies done 5 or 6 years ago?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    What? Post reports that relate to studies done 5 or 6 years ago?
    No what makes you say that? You cite nada, nothing. Are you asking for more? They were when the bill was pending.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,083
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    There are many more besides the AMA. The AMA is the most conservative of most of them. There are polls of individual doctors. NEJM etc.

    This is what conservatives do when confronted with facts.

    http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/07/...more-strongly/
    Obviously PJ, you do not read the posts you respond to... the point of the post was to question the credibility of ANYTHING that comes out of the PR dept of a large organization. And I see you edited out the last line of my post.. seems you only quote what is convenient for your view??? Interesting.

    It does not take a rocket scientist... actually it does not even take a high school graduate... to understand spin when they see it. And it does not take a grade-school graduate to see when an organization changes their view with the political tide. No stable view = no credibility.

    As I told you in another thread: The proof is in the puddin PJ... and until you have eaten the puddin, you do not know of what you speak. No proof of eatin the puddin, means no credibility = no reason to take what you type/say seriously. So just type your little heart out PJ (PJ is the name of a grade-schooler in case you did not know)... because only one or two folks take you for anything other than a mixed up liberal troll.

    The only reason we give you the time of day here is amusement on our parts. Understand?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Obviously PJ, you do not read the posts you respond to... the point of the post was to question the credibility of ANYTHING that comes out of the PR dept of a large organization.

    It does not take a rocket scientist... actually it does not even take a high school graduate... to understand spin when they see it. And it does not take a grade-school graduate to see when an organization changes their view with the political tide. No stable view = no credibility.

    As I told you in another thread: The proof is in the puddin PJ... and until you have eaten the puddin, you do not know of what you speak. No proof of eatin the puddin, means no credibility = no reason to take what you type/say seriously. So just type your little heart out PJ (PJ is the name of a grade-schooler in case you did not know)... because only one or two folks take you for anything other than a mixed up liberal troll.

    The only reason we give you the time of day here is amusement on our parts. Understand?
    LOL you love the sound of your own voice don't you?

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,083
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    LOL you love the sound of your own voice don't you?
    No, I just KNOW what is truth and what is spin...

    You see PJ; I have this thing called life experience... something your behavior and mouth show you obviously do NOT have. When you get it... you will become a conservative... Like wiser men than both of us combined predict is the course of human nature.

    Until then, we will tolerate you... because we believe there really is a good guy down in there... just mis-guided on the surface.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    No what makes you say that? You cite nada, nothing. Are you asking for more? They were when the bill was pending.
    You said:

    This is what conservatives do when confronted with the facts.

    And posted a link to an article that quoted studies from several years ago.

    Anyone reading your little posts would think that is what you were referring to? Otherwise, why post the link?
    Sorry you're so confused, that seems to happen more and more lately...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    You said:

    This is what conservatives do when confronted with the facts.

    And posted a link to an article that quoted studies from several years ago.

    Anyone reading your little posts would think that is what you were referring to? Otherwise, why post the link?
    Sorry you're so confused, that seems to happen more and more lately...
    I posted several links. I thought you were referring to the links on healthcare. And the one you referred to is as appropriate today as it was then.

    "Sorry you're so confused, that seems to happen more and more lately..."
    LOL yeah I guess, you seem to be doing much better recently.

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,083
    Amazing... in this modern age we have this wonderful gadget called the internet... anyone, regardless of their ability (or lack thereof), can be a hero and an authority on anything they choose... no understanding or experience required.

    I wonder what PJ does for a living... Like Geer, I have never seen a post from him anywhere but ARP. I seriously doubt PJ knows anything of use in our field... and I am wondering if he even has a profession... other than troll.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Well, I don't want government having any say so over my medical needs...period!

    Now, since my company must pay 27% more for employee health insurance because of Obamacare, U.S. companies are going to become even less capable of competing on the foreign market.

    Those who run government programs are scumbags. They always have been and always will be and that is why anything that government has control of will cost more with less service. Now, as it is, companies that have been providing health insurance are going to have to go with government insurance because the cost difference of having private care is going to just be too high.

    In other words, government has put themselves in a position of what they are selling, they have control over the pricing of what their competition is selling. WOW! Could I ever make our great if I could control how much my competition charged.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Like Geer, I have never seen a post from him anywhere but ARP.
    Not my fault that you didn't start infesting this forum until 2005 noob.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Well, I don't want government having any say so over my medical needs...period!

    Now, since my company must pay 27% more for employee health insurance because of Obamacare, U.S. companies are going to become even less capable of competing on the foreign market.

    Those who run government programs are scumbags. They always have been and always will be and that is why anything that government has control of will cost more with less service. Now, as it is, companies that have been providing health insurance are going to have to go with government insurance because the cost difference of having private care is going to just be too high.

    In other words, government has put themselves in a position of what they are selling, they have control over the pricing of what their competition is selling. WOW! Could I ever make our great if I could control how much my competition charged.
    You say your insurance is going up because of "Obamacare." Proof of that?

    As far as being more competitive with foreign nations. If we would actually enact a system like most other countries have we would be more competitive.

    If the price increase is really too high it can be cut back due to "Obamacare." It already has been done several times.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Amazing... in this modern age we have this wonderful gadget called the internet... anyone, regardless of their ability (or lack thereof), can be a hero and an authority on anything they choose... no understanding or experience required.

    I wonder what PJ does for a living... Like Geer, I have never seen a post from him anywhere but ARP. I seriously doubt PJ knows anything of use in our field... and I am wondering if he even has a profession... other than troll.
    I do recalls from people like you.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event