Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 157

Thread: Obama care

  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    " A November Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that by margins ranging from nearly 3 to 1 to more than 4 to 1, Americans do not want to repeal such aspects as: tax credits for small businesses offering health care to employees; closing the “doughnut hole’’ to help seniors keep prescription medicine costs down; help for low- and moderate-income Americans to purchase coverage; and a ban on insurance companies denying coverage because of preexisting conditions. Also last month, a McClatchy poll found that 68 percent of Americans want to keep the ability to insure children until age 26, compared with only 29 percent of people who want that aspect repealed."
    I don;t think any of that is whats in question. The question is why is the government FORCING this on me
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    888

    YEP

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Ya, he promised a lot of crap that didn't come true.........go figure
    They all do.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Federal judge behind health care law decision may have had conflict of interest

    http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...ct-of-interest

  4. #30
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,308
    Now, liberal critics are arguing that Judge Hudson should have recused himself because of the financial interest he had in seeing the health care reform law fail.
    That potential conflict of interest has some judicial experts asking whether Hudson crossed some ethical guidelines. Judges are required to recuse themselves if they have a [U]direct financial stake in one of the parties to a lawsuit, but are allowed to make their judgments in cases where they have an indirect stake.[/U] Campaign Solutions was not a party to the lawsuit, but they certainly stood to benefit from the Judge Hudson's ruling.
    so basically the left has no claim. He has no direct financial stake in the law suite. Although he may have an indirect stake.

    So he broke no law or ethics

    another leftest baseless claim
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    so basically the left has no claim. He has no direct financial stake in the law suite. Although he may have an indirect stake.

    So he broke no law or ethics

    another leftest baseless claim
    There is more to it than that even. The lawyer has given donations to the group also. If you are happy with that remember this in the future and judge everybody accordingly.

    In the end it means nothing because it is going to the Supreme Court anyway.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    There is more to it than that even. The lawyer has given donations to the group also. If you are happy with that remember this in the future and judge everybody accordingly.

    In the end it means nothing because it is going to the Supreme Court anyway.
    so your point is~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    so your point is~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It was clear enough.

    He should have recused himself. Another court will make that judgement and in the end the Supreme Court will decide on the whole bill.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It was clear enough.

    He should have recused himself. Another court will make that judgement and in the end the Supreme Court will decide on the whole bill.
    why, he didn't do anything wrong or illegal.

    what this is really about is the left looking for any scrap "evidence" to try and hang onto this flawed bill. The liberals are going to have a tough time defending this bill

    The lefts other problem is, they have 21 more law suites to get through, all will be heard by other judges. If the other 21 judges say the same basic thing. Your argument goes out the window.

    But like you say, this will end up before the SCOTUS.

    who knows, with the new liberals on the court, you may win....
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    why, he didn't do anything wrong or illegal.

    what this is really about is the left looking for any scrap "evidence" to try and hang onto this flawed bill. The liberals are going to have a tough time defending this bill

    The lefts other problem is, they have 21 more law suites to get through, all will be heard by other judges. If the other 21 judges say the same basic thing. Your argument goes out the window.

    But like you say, this will end up before the SCOTUS.

    who knows, with the new liberals on the court, you may win....
    This and other lawsuits really do not matter much imo. It will make it to the SCOTUS. And as far as the balance of the court with the new judges they are probably more moderate than the ones they replaced. Actually losing Stevens hurt a lot (For moderates and liberals) because he was seen as an important force in helping to sway Kennedy in 5-4 decisions.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle of Florida
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    What about the boat load of exemptions now at 1.5 million ?
    Last count 38 companies and unions had been granted exemptions from the law. McDonald's was the first exemption.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle of Florida
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Of course it is unconstitutional, but unfortunately if upheld all the ruling will do is kill the individual manadate - not the law. What that means is that young healthy people will not have to buy insurance, so the cost for everyone else will go up. So, bottom line they will keep the stupid law and it will cost us all even more.
    The insurance companies supported the bill thinking they were going to get millions of healthy new clients. they will now go bankrupt if the no pre existing conditions stays part of the law.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle of Florida
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac 00 View Post
    From my Dads Blog (LBN--Late Breaking News)



    So now we have the first Republican who has announced he would run for President. I don't know anything about the guy, but what the heck.
    I want the Indiana governor to run.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle of Florida
    Posts
    2,159
    I heard a poll today had 2400 doctors......70 plus percent said if the bill goes through as planed in 2014 the Doc's are going to either retire, work part time, or quit.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event