Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama care

Obama care

Virgina judge ruled unconstitutional.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Two other cases were upheld and are already proceding on appeal, as this one will. The provisions of the law are not stopped by this ruling. It will make its way to the Supreme Court.

21 other states have also filed suite.

Right now even if the law gets over turned in the courts it may take some time to get rid of it completely.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Oh, you mean that health care bill that was pressed through that nobody read. It should be unconstitutional! This whole presidency is unconstitutional as far as Im concerned. Everything this poser signs should be void considering the fact that he was not even born in this country and shouldn't have been a candidate in the first place.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

The government already forcibly takes however much of our money they deem necessary. Now they have passed a bill that will, among other things, force us to spend some of what we have left on something else they have deemed necessary whether we want it or not. I fail to see anything Constitutional in that scenario.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Of course it is unconstitutional, but unfortunately if upheld all the ruling will do is kill the individual manadate - not the law. What that means is that young healthy people will not have to buy insurance, so the cost for everyone else will go up. So, bottom line they will keep the stupid law and it will cost us all even more.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Of course it is unconstitutional, but unfortunately if upheld all the ruling will do is kill the individual manadate - not the law. What that means is that young healthy people will not have to buy insurance, so the cost for everyone else will go up. So, bottom line they will keep the stupid law and it will cost us all even more.
    Most news outlets are reporting what you are saying more or less. I don't want to give you false hope but the dems forgot to put a legal provision in the bill that would uphold the rest of the bill if it is overturned. I forget what the legal term is called.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Most news outlets are reporting what you are saying more or less. I don't want to give you false hope but the dems forgot to put a legal provision in the bill that would uphold the rest of the bill if it is overturned. I forget what the legal term is called.
    Wow that is a shocker, that is pretty much first year law student boiler plate stuff that says if any provision is viewed unenforceable the rest is not impacted. I guess that thread about Democrats having a lower IQ must be true

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it
    -Nancy Pelosi

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    -Nancy Pelosi

But we have to repeal the law to show you what we don't like in it

LOL.................

Wait......................what?

now that right there is funy $h!t
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/...ex.html?hpt=T1

"Despite the laudable intentions of Congress in enacting a comprehensive and transformative health care regime, the legislative process must still operate within constitutional bounds," Hudson added. "Salutatory goals and creative drafting have never been sufficient to offset an absence of enumerated powers."

You know, there are a few states that have already passed laws saying the feds cannot require their citizens to buy health insurance. Missouri is one of them.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast