+ Reply to Thread

Thread: am i over reacting

Post Likes

Confused

tonight my 10yr old daughter and i went to papa johns to pick our pizza when we walked in all the employees were watching and cheering as another employee shoved a 6" wire paper impaler up his nose.am i wrong or does this seem like a very improper thing to do in front of customers?let me know you think and what you would do.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    On the plus side your 10 year old now has a vivid illustration of the term stupid to reference. The behavior was totally inappropriate and the manager should be informed. I shudder to think of what they could do to someone's pizza in the name of peer entertainment.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes
    What exactly is a "6" wire paper impaler"? I know what all 3 words mean, I just never seen them used in the context that you used them.

But obviously it sounds like something that should not have been shoved up one's nose.

The manager on duty should be terminated and the lad who was performing should be sternly repermanded. The kid probably didn't know any better but diffinately the manager should have had him under some supervision.

Post Likes
    Ben ..I think he's talking about one of those long nails up through a base that they use to place the order tickets after use.

[Edited by ozone drone on 02-12-2005 at 10:12 PM]

Post Likes
    thats it ozone. thank you

[Edited by 1972torino on 02-12-2005 at 10:16 PM]
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    The "s" is gone, the nona threw me..

Post Likes
    "nona" is from a short story by stephen king

Post Likes
    Is doing that bad? na, not at all. But doing in a place of business infront of customers,,, yes.

I'm sure we've all done plenty of things that would have gotten us in trouble if the customers seen/knew about it... but thats where smarts come into play... you don't get caught lol.

Post Likes
    In my useless opinion it wouldn't have been a big deal at all. As long as he washes up when he's done it was harmless fun. At least they are trying to be productive by working for minumum wage and not hanging out on the street corner selling drugs.

Post Likes
    People do stupid things its in our nature. Just don't eat there.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Just be glad it wasn't something else 6" long someplace elsewhere. I can't believe mattm didn't think of this.

[Edited by vmc1161 on 02-13-2005 at 09:18 AM]
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes

Hmm

momma said "stupid is as stupid does"

"Gump"

ear to ear daylight

Post Likes
    No big deal?.....It's a frickin restaurant.
    There to pick up a pizza and see some idiot with a 6" nail up his nose....a nail that is used at the counter.
    Does wonders for my appetite...

When they get bored with the nail.."hey let's plop a lugie in that aholes pizza that took 5 minutes to decide what toppings they wanted"

Kids will be idiots..that's for sure. I was/am an idiot...but I learned to be one on my own time. You can't prevent kids from being idiots..but you can teach them that
    there's consequences to pay when you're not bright enough to choose when and where it's okay.

Post Likes
    I guess they should've done it after closing time or in the back where customers would not see them. I just remeber some of the dumb ass stuff I did as a teen and a lot of it was much worse than horsing around like that.

Post Likes
    That would make a nice commercial for that place

Post Likes
    you guys are a little up tight about this.

let it go its the mgrs responsibility not yours.
    do you all phone in to the cops to report speeders people whom fail to signal turns

come on its only a short step from speeding to crashing so we should all call in about it right.

You know pain is a good teacher the kid will hurt him self sooner or later no question
    What dumb things did you do when you were 17?

I would have laughed and said to my daughter or grand daughter go ahead marry a boy just like that you will make me proud, and you know how girls always do what their dads and grandads tell them to do right? should work like a charm eh?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by The Penguin
    [B]
    come on its only a short step from speeding to crashing so we should all call in about it right.

Wouldn't it be a short ride, besides every now and then its fun to watch some jackass crash. ( with no injury of course)

I say things to the managers from time to time, how do they know if no one says anything.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in