+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking out loud...

Post Likes
    With the current frustrations between the way my company's operations have been going and the ongoing frustrations of dealing with cheap customers and hacks, I've been seriously been considering a shift within the field.

After seeing a few of the sealed crwlspaces in my area I have become more and more interested in learning the correct way to do this and possibly venturing into this business myself.

What do you guys think of this and how should I even approach this idea?

I live in the Raleigh, NC area...

[Edited by BoltonNC on 02-12-2005 at 01:32 PM]
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Why are the crawlspaces sealed? Please explain.

Post Likes
    Its basically an IAQ issue which prevents growth in the crawler...

Post Likes
    many times, i have thought about getting out of the field, but i don't know if i would want to get into sealing crawlspaces. i'm not sure what the cost of liability ins would be, but i would dang sure want a lot of it. any moisture problem at all and they would want to blame you.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    sealed crwlspaces how could you get much money for this?

Post Likes
    I worked on a house that had one done buy the most reputable guy in the area and also teaches folks about this all over the nation.
    They said it cost them around $6000 and had about 1700 sq. ft of crawl with 4' tall walls.
    The materials cannot be THAT expensive.
    The crawl is sealed up to the floor with a dehumidifier running in it year round.
    It was really nice.

Post Likes
    I guess my question would be on how hard it would be for others to get in on sealing crawl spaces? It just seams like if you find something that you can make money at, everyone else tries to get into it. I wouldnt think it would be all that hard for anyone to get into it and if you have any contractors around when it gets slow then they will be doing it. Its the same as when I first started out as a tinner, you had to have equipment or you were not doing it. Now you can get about anything pre-made so there are shops everywhere that would have never existed before. I know what your thinking tho, Im always looking for that little niche of something new that I think I might enjoy more after so many years of doing this. Only problem I see is this is what I know and starting at something new then I will be a rookie and starting from the bottom.

Post Likes
    Hopefully if you find something that nobody else is doing, you can retire before that field becomes saturated.

My customer told me it was a 3 month wait to get his done and that the contractor was turning away new customers every day.

Post Likes
    They have started doing it in our area also, with the custom homes installing expensive wood floors, the moisture from below is warping them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in