Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hold on,

I'm just having a little fun to, but please don't leave without answering. Don't tell me I'm wrong if you can't tell me what is right.If I didn't know any better I would say you are looking for an easy way out. If you don't post in ten minutes with your version then I win and I will drop it.

OK ten more minutes, I'm going outside to smoke when I come in I'm claiming victory.

Lol

Have you ever hear the song by Queen, it goes something like this

And another one down and another one down and another one bites the dust.

Heres another little clue that may help you on your search for the truth about cap-tubes, which travels faster vapor or liquid ? if one of these travels faster do you think that there would be a potential for that cap-tube to modulate if the balance of liquid and vapor were to change ?

yep if you can't show your docs just claim victory while he is trying to figure out how to dumb it down for you

[Edited by dpatty on 02-14-2005 at 10:12 PM]
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Hmmm sounds extremely inefficient to start the process of absorbing heat in a place where it does no good. Isnt that the process of cooling? Absorb heat by the changing of state IN the evaportator? Why would we change state prior to entering the evap? Changing the state of gas has very little effect since it requires very little heat to raise the temperature.

Error Correcting

Hi Patty,

Yoget an A+ for catching your error then repairing it before you got a callback. Very Good, Very Good,

Original spelling of DOCS was DACS

I turned all red faced when I noticed that

You might want to fix that first word. Wouldn't want anyone thinking your ignorant

[Edited by dpatty on 02-14-2005 at 10:52 PM]
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Doc,

Its not a place to change state its called the bubble length. For documentation just open up any RSES SAMS manual or consult the manufacturer of the thing, and you will find the correct definition of a cap-tube, Vapor and liquid travel through the tube in varying proportions according to the load on the evaporator that is why the length of a cap-tube is so critical it is not the same metering device if you have the wrong length or size. This is simple stuff simply overlooked.There is no other definitin and no comparison to an orifice or a piston now I'm going to assume that everyone knows the difference between an orifice and a piston.

Oh yeah vapor travels slower restricts fluid,less liquid less cooling effect, less load on compressor, more liquid sent to cap-tube, travels faster, more lquid to evaporator,picks up more heat,more load on compressor less liquid to cap tube, on and on. I think that is pretty much the definition of modulating control however, inefficeint compared to TXV.

A cap tube is a (explative) fixed metering device, unless you want to sit there and shorten and lengthen the tubes throughout the course of the day.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    I'm going to assume that everyone knows the difference between an orifice and a piston.
    I don't could you please elaborate? I am here to learn like Doc.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

I'm done with it, A cap tube is not a fixed metering device never has been, was never meant to be, and never will be.

Wink

hey eddie, don't mistake a mountain top for a burro ride around the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast