Inheritance

Thread: Inheritance

Hybrid View

Something kinda cool just happened today. It has nothing to do with the money but my mom called me earlier and told me she wants to get together with me and my brother and sister to give us a large portion of our inheitance now so she can enjoy seeing us use it.

I've got one of the greatest moms and she sacrificed a lot for us groing up as a single mother. She has alway saved and invested her money wisely and could never spend it before she goes.

I hope that when I'm older that I can do this for my kids.

nice
    work to live not live to work

AMEN to that. I hope to be able to do the same....
    We (six kids) didn't get a lot, but it was enough to put a down payment on a house which gave me enough responsibility to stop some of my evil ways. She was a great parent, always trying to make sure we had decent values. I think she did a great job.

must be nice.

I have great parents. A year ago my folks said they wanted to give my wife and I a very large sum of money. I, at first, was elated. I thought about it over the weekend and decided to accept. My parents transfered the money to my and my wife's account on Tuesday. On thursday morning we pulled into their driveway in a brand new 34' diesel motorhome. We gave them the keys to the bus and told them to head south no later than Monday, the bus was in their name. They call once a day to talk to the kids and can't wait to do the East Coast next year. They would never have done this for themselves. It is the best thing I have ever done for my parents.

That's a cool ass story there 1man.

Originally posted by 1manband
    I have great parents. A year ago my folks said they wanted to give my wife and I a very large sum of money. I, at first, was elated. I thought about it over the weekend and decided to accept. My parents transfered the money to my and my wife's account on Tuesday. On thursday morning we pulled into their driveway in a brand new 34' diesel motorhome. We gave them the keys to the bus and told them to head south no later than Monday, the bus was in their name. They call once a day to talk to the kids and can't wait to do the East Coast next year. They would never have done this for themselves. It is the best thing I have ever done for my parents.
    Your parents have an amazing son & daughter-in-law. I'll bet they get more happiness from that thnn even the motor home. Wow!

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Very nice, can I come to the meeting too?
    Who knows, I could be their long lost son from Bavaria.
    I think ya can give up to 10K tax free every year to someone.
    After that, when ya die, anything over 600K is taxed heavily by the IRS, so plan it accordingly.
    See, that's why I should be there.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....