Thread: Low ambiant control on Trane split systems

Post Likes

Low ambiant control on Trane split systems

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if low ambiant control on Trane split systems are reliable for winter severe cold weather (0F). I want to make sure that it will work all the time for offices where no free cooling is available.
    Am I better to go for refrigeration condensers (like Ref Plus) to be safe.

Thanks
    Alex

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alupien View Post
    Hi,

Can somebody tell me if low ambiant control on Trane split systems are reliable for winter severe cold weather (0F). I want to make sure that it will work all the time for offices where no free cooling is available.

Thanks
    Alex
    Its done all the time commercially, it is generally more than just adding a fan cycling control and calling it done though.....

Things like hot gas bypass accompanied by some times a desuperheater, defrost stats on the evaporator, a manual reset freeze stat that might have to be changed to an auto reset, low pressure bypass TDR, etc.

Really depends on the application as to what job gets what.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alupien View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    Alex
    We use Trane head presure control kit all the time. U set what temp you want to keep the Liquid line. The board then measures the liquid line temp and ambient air temp..does some math and cycles the Fan. They also work on Heat pumps where its basically bypassed when the unit is in "heat" mode. Stated one up Thursday..was 15 deg out. Fan would do a quarter turn about every 20 seconds. I would also add a crank case heater.

Post Likes
    you can also just put a Penn adjustable fan cycling pressure switch, set it to keep fan on at 250 and off at 200

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    We use Trane head presure control kit all the time. U set what temp you want to keep the Liquid line. The board then measures the liquid line temp and ambient air temp..does some math and cycles the Fan. They also work on Heat pumps where its basically bypassed when the unit is in "heat" mode. Stated one up Thursday..was 15 deg out. Fan would do a quarter turn about every 20 seconds. I would also add a crank case heater.
    the smartest sure way to do it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    What about hot gas bypass valve?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    What about hot gas bypass valve?
    why open the refrigerant system?

Post Likes
    Capacity control?
    The more I learn the smarter I work.

Post Likes
    Alex

Is this the same unit from here?
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=702061

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in