Thread: Ever happen?

Question

Has this ever happened to anyone else other than me? You go on a commercial office building inspection. You adjust the stats to check the operation of the heating and cooling. After changing the belts and filters of course,You check operation of all rtu' and ahu's. Eveything works fine. You set all the stats back to their orginal place. Next day a service call comes in. "Our heat and or cool doesn't work". You go and check it out and find some bad stats and a bad evap. motor. Keep in mind they worked yesterday(honest). You explain to the customer and eventually your boss what happened. They both say "you were just here yesterday". What can you say? It's like, just by working the stats and equipment it broke it to work in auto mode! It seams like that this happens to me at least once a year. How in the world can I prevent this from happening?

No. You must just have bad luck.

I don't know what your boss's problem is, but I would call
    that ..... a "golden touch"
    work to live not live to work

If you really wanted to, you could ohm out all motors, check capacitors and amp draws, AND replace t-stats every time you go out... Seriously though, I would record amp draws on the motors so that you have half a leg to stand on... This could be a new 007 movie, "The Tech With The Golden Touch"

Don't you know that newbies on this site get put through the ringer. The thread you posted just opened you up to the attack dogs on the board.

Like my hero Bart Simpson once said. "You;re damned if you do and damned if you don't"

Do you get a commission on equipment sold?????

Originally posted by framehvac
    ..I think that this response is the correct one..After reading all the others..No I don't get commission on parts. In most companies you are only allowed so much time for inspections. In reality if you would amp everything out and check every single pressure and temp there's No way you could do this with out going over the allowed time. So basicly you check the equipment out the best and quickest way possible. If someone here disagres please tell me why.respectfully, TC

I have never worked on something and then had it break the very next day.............

Well, not for the last couple weeks, anyway.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by tech cr
    Originally posted by framehvac
    ..I think that this response is the correct one..After reading all the others..No I don't get commission on parts. In most companies you are only allowed so much time for inspections. In reality if you would amp everything out and check every single pressure and temp there's No way you could do this with out going over the allowed time. So basicly you check the equipment out the best and quickest way possible. If someone here disagres please tell me why.respectfully, TC
    I don't know who you work for but I know whenever "I" go on an inspection I do amp out all of the cond fan motors , supply and return fan motors , compressors , and so on , even if I just push in all the contactors for a second to get an amp draw. It really doesn't take that much more time because you are or should be in the control panel anyway. Thats just my useless opinion.