American Standard/ Trane has recall on:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05104.html

NEWS from CPSC
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
    Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    February 11, 2005
    Release # 05-104 Firm’s Recall Hotline: (888) 556-0125
    CPSC Consumer Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

CPSC, American Standard Companies Announce Recall of Gas-Electric Heating/Cooling Units
    WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announces the following recall in voluntary cooperation with the firm below. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product: Trane and American Standard Gas-Electric heating/cooling units

Units: 18,200

Manufacturer: Trane and American Standard, divisions of American Standard Inc., of Tyler, Texas

Hazard: A gas leak can occur if there is a crack in the gas valve body near the inlet pipe connection. A build-up of gas in the burner compartment of the unit could occur, which could be ignited by an internal spark.

Incidents/Injuries: Trane has received five reports of gas valve cracks, though no injuries or property damage has been reported.

Description: The recalled units include 2 through 5-ton Trane and American Standard heating and air conditioning packaged units. Affected units are combination gas heat and air conditioning systems installed outdoors only. Gas furnaces installed indoors are not included in this recall. The units have identification plates displaying the model number; serial number; and the year, month and day of manufacture. The plate is located on one end of the unit. The first four digits of all serial numbers indicate the year, fiscal week and day of manufacture. The recall includes:
    All units with model numbers beginning with YCP or YCX, and having serial numbers beginning with 3383 through 4475;
    All units with model number beginning with YCY or YCZ, and having serial numbers beginning with 4282 through 4475.
    Sold at: Independent dealers and installers sold these units between October 2003 and December 2004.

Manufactured in: United States.

Remedy: Consumers with recalled units are being contacted by the independent dealers that installed them. Consumers who think they have recalled units and have not yet been contacted, should call their installer for more information. Using their model and serial numbers, consumers also can visit the firms’ Web sites to confirm if their unit is included in the recall. Consumers with recalled units should contact their installer to arrange for a free inspection.

Consumer Contact: Contact Trane/American Standard toll-free at (888) 556-0125 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit http://www.trane.com or http://www.americanstandardair.com

Firm's Media Contact: Lisa Glover at (732) 980-6048.

Thanks for the info. Looks like my distributor would have notified me.

[Edited by oil lp man on 02-11-2005 at 07:36 PM]

I guess you could also tell if you had one, if the top furnace cover was about 20' away from the furnace too.

I aint a Trane fan. But you know too, it would not be too bad right now. I bet there creating some gravy work for the dudes doing the warranty work. It'd be cheap probably, but that would be good filler stuff.

Yay after I finish the Coleman recall I get this , Keepin me busy!
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

I can't recall, if you ever took that new job as a comercial guy. How's it going with it for ya Chad. I think the way you are coming up through first residential then to commercial, is the best way to be really solid. Some of the best techncians I know did the rezi first then moved up. I was always commercial. And these guys I am reffering to, they got a little more in depth on me at times. I guess I win sometimes but, truly I think they know better, broader.. It is often under appreciated to be a residential guy. But there is still true proffesionals doing it and have done very well.