Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Substitute the terms liberal and conservative for Democrat and Republican, and I'll agree.

Also...people tend to governed more by logic than emotion as they mature. Hence the basis of Churchill's famous quote concerning this.
    Yes, that's what I was getting at, but since the thread was DEM vs REP intelligence, I phrased it that way. And I was thinking about Churchill's quote.

I agree about logic vs. emotion as well, though I think there is still a place for emotion. I would say that compassion, for example, is an emotion that even the most conservative of us has. Who was it that liked to talk about "compassionate conservatism"?

Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Yes, that's what I was getting at, but since the thread was DEM vs REP intelligence, I phrased it that way. And I was thinking about Churchill's quote.

I agree about logic vs. emotion as well, though I think there is still a place for emotion. I would say that compassion, for example, is an emotion that even the most conservative of us has. Who was it that liked to talk about "compassionate conservatism"?
    Agreed. There must be a healthy balance between emotion and logic.

If one just looks at the demographics of who votes Republican and who votes Democratic it is easy to see that the Republicans are far superior to their Democratic counter parts. It is a no brainer. Those with no HS diploma and those on welfare vote in high numbers for Democrats.

Those with a high income and those with a college degree vote Republican to a larger degree than Democratic. These directly correspond to the over all average low and high IQ accordingly with some individual exceptions of course. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

Those with a high income and those with a college degree vote Republican to a larger degree than Democratic. These directly correspond to the over all average low and high IQ accordingly with some individual exceptions of course. Thank you, thank you very much

Really Glenn?
    VOTE BY EDUCATION
    Post graduate 58%-40% for Obama.
    College graduate 50-48 for Obama.
    Some college 51-47 for Obama

VOTE BY INCOME
    50k or more 49-49%
    Similarly, young adults who called themselves "very liberal" had an average IQ of 106 during adolescence, while those who identified themselves as "very conservative" had average IQs of 95.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Really Glenn?
    VOTE BY EDUCATION

VOTE BY INCOME
    50k or more 49-49%
    Similarly, young adults who called themselves "very liberal" had an average IQ of 106 during adolescence, while those who identified themselves as "very conservative" had average IQs of 95.
    Support?

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Support?
    I posted links in this thread a couple times. Go towards the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Really Glenn?
    VOTE BY EDUCATION

VOTE BY INCOME
    50k or more 49-49%
    BS pagey the disease of liberalism and White guilt flooded this country in 2008 and almost every group voted for the alien Muslim Marxist for President. Now the lowest percent who voted for him were in the college graduates whereas the highest percent who voted for him were the non HS graduates.

In a "Republican" year the college grads would be overwhelming Republican and the reverse for the uneducated like always. Young voters were overwhelming voting for the Marxist because that thought that was cool. You will defend the devil if he were a leftest. What leftest blod did you find your "IQ" scores. I'm sure Move Over.org coached you on that one. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Are they more likely to be liberals or conservatives?
    Thiefs
    Drug dealers
    Drug addicts
    Rapists
    People with aids
    Inmates
    welfare recipients
    cheaters
    arsonists
    kidnappers
    extortionists
    scam artists.
    complainers
    slackers.
    crack heads
    meth heads
    dead beat dads
    dead beat moms
    beggers
    high school drop outs
    draft dodgers
    traitors
    Felons

Doubt there are any studies, but I have my suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Are they more likely to be liberals or conservatives?
    Thiefs
    Drug dealers
    Drug addicts
    Rapists
    People with aids
    Inmates
    welfare recipients
    cheaters
    arsonists
    kidnappers
    extortionists
    scam artists.
    complainers
    slackers.
    crack heads
    meth heads
    dead beat dads
    dead beat moms
    beggers
    high school drop outs
    draft dodgers
    traitors
    Felons

Doubt there are any studies, but I have my suspicions.
    Quite the broad brush to paint with! In my humble opinion most of the people listed would not have much interest in politics - but conservatives always need a scapegoat so I guess it has to be true. Just repeat after me - people that look and act like me are good - everyone else is evil and must be a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Quite the broad brush to paint with! In my humble opinion most of the people listed would not have much interest in politics - but conservatives always need a scapegoat so I guess it has to be true. Just repeat after me - people that look and act like me are good - everyone else is evil and must be a liberal.
    No, not everyone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by netsalt
    Quite the broad brush to paint with! In my humble opinion most of the people listed would not have much interest in politics - but conservatives always need a scapegoat so I guess it has to be true. Just repeat after me - people that look and act like me are good - everyone else is evil and must be a liberal

I believe most liberals are good honest people, misguided but good. unfortunately I also suspect the list above is comprised of people who tend to be more liberal than conservative. No proof just an opinion.

All crooks are liberal does not equal all liberals are crooks....See?

It's liberals who are always trying to put people in their proper catagory. How does it feel?
    And thanks for playing.

As the definition of intelligence is the ability to solve problems it would appear nether the Dems or Republicans really qualify as all that smart.
    Que!No?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Quote:

I believe most liberals are good honest people, misguided but good. unfortunately I also suspect the list above is comprised of people who tend to be more liberal than conservative. No proof just an opinion.

All crooks are liberal does not equal all liberals are crooks....See?

It's liberals who are always trying to put people in their proper catagory. How does it feel?
    And thanks for playing.
    I had this same conversation with robo a few weeks ago.

My belief is maybe 10 percent are honest to goodness good people with good intentions. There are a few on this site i greatly admire despite their political leanings.
    They see the world the way they want it to be and have common sense.

The other 90 percent are divided up into the ruling wanna be elite , the young with no life experiance and the lower class people who simply believe their party line no matter which way it goes, often conflicting.
    And the trolls, of which we continually must put up with.
    my two cents
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast