Thread: Honeywell Stat

Post Likes
    I just purchased a Honeywell vision pro 8000 stat. One of the options is an outside temperature sensor that displays the temp on each stat in the house (C7089U1006). Presently I have a 6 conductor thermostat wire running to each of my stats, only 4 conductors are used. Can I use those 2 extra conductors to wire in the outside temperature sensor or will this cause eratic readings due to interference. Do I need to run a seperate 2 conductor wire?
    Thank you

Post Likes
    Honeywell says run separate wires. BUT, we have several homes where we couldn't and have had no trouble. If you want to take a chance, just remember if you get wierd outside temp readings, then you'll have to run new wires just for the sensor.

Post Likes
    Thank you.

If I do have to run new wires, straight 18-2 or should I go shielded?

Post Likes
    I'd go shielded to be safe if you are gonna do it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lkaufman
    If I do have to run new wires, straight 18-2 or should I go shielded?
    18-2 twisted pair will be fine. The sensor is just a thermistor, and the twisted pair will provide more than enough isolation for stray AC or RF that may be around.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in