+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are Drywallers such whiners when...

Post Likes

Talking

1. Mechanicals centers around the DW schedule

2. Oh sorry dude I left the temp stat on 60 degrees not 65.

3. I know dude it's not your job to walk around my stuff, Ill go ahead and clean the 5 lbs of dried mud off my furnace right after I clean the area for you.

4. It's ok, drop any cut offs, mud or screws in the boots, they kind of look like trash recepticles anyway.

5. Can you beat the $hit out of somemore temp stats please, cause I like to buy them.

6. Are drywallers and carpet layers actually trained at the same school with the motto Lets cover over at least one boot opening????

"The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes
    1 no!

2 Don't put the stat on intil they paint.

3 Hell no!

4 We cover are supplies & returns with plywood.

5 Bill them.

6 No it is a labors job

Post Likes
    That's okay guy's, you didn't do anything for me that I Can't do for you!

Post Likes
    It's because the painters, drywallers, and carpet layers all got drunk at the same bar before coming to the job site.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frank shelley
    1. Mechanicals centers around the DW schedule

2. Oh sorry dude I left the temp stat on 60 degrees not 65.

3. I know dude it's not your job to walk around my stuff, Ill go ahead and clean the 5 lbs of dried mud off my furnace right after I clean the area for you.

4. It's ok, drop any cut offs, mud or screws in the boots, they kind of look like trash recepticles anyway.

5. Can you beat the $hit out of somemore temp stats please, cause I like to buy them.

6. Are drywallers and carpet layers actually trained at the same school with the motto Lets cover over at least one boot opening????

Construction heater else void warranty
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Cool

Does no one else get the abuse I do when we bring the warranty out of the dark and explain to the general contractor that use durring construction voids the manufacturers warranty?
    Ethics are as important as education.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacmd
    Does no one else get the abuse I do when we bring the warranty out of the dark and explain to the general contractor that use durring construction voids the manufacturers warranty?
    Oh hell yes! In a previous discussion, in this area there is no choice if you want the work.
    The bldgers are in the drivers seat and they know it. I fought through it once a while back and finally got the OK to set up a temp construction unit. Guess what???

Drywallers whined to the bldger through the whole project about one room was cooler than another and I was told on the next house to get the main system going for them.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes
    No speakie eglash

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacmd
    ME !!!!!!!!!!! We had a fire in a the gas train of a boiler once. Chars of wood and paper where still there when we got there. We went round and round. Finally had to split the cost with the GC.

Post Likes
    When I did installs, anybody put their stuff where it didn't belong, it got moved (the hard way). Sprinkler pipes (esp. the orange resi stuff), drywall, water pipe, trim, wiring... they got one warning, then I took out the sawzall. Break the stat, too bad you are cold. Smash my duct, sign here where it says "change order"... My favorites were the light cans... little Pinatas hanging from the wiring after my duct got run...

Post Likes
    My favorite was the look on this jerk's face when I found one of my drywall rings smashed flat & a sheet over the top of it.They were still hanging & I came in with a saw & a 26 oz framing hammer.I smashed four holes in the drywall & cut open my R.A. hole after I located it.The drywaller said "hey you are putting holes all over our work!"I turned & said"I took my time & custum made standoffs for all of my openings so they would be perfect.I am not wasting time looking for holes that should already be in the wall!"needless to say the rest of my holes were cut in in right!
    Take your time & do it right!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in