Question

Hi
    I have a few questions, all of them regarding one subject:
    1. In which cases need/must a HVAC company have a mechanic engineer as employee?
    2. Do government or other public HVAC projects require HVAC companies to review the bid specifications and blue prints for errors?
    3. Does the HVAC company have to take responsibilities for errors found during the project even if they were present in the original project description?

I will appreciate your answering all those points with comments.

Thank you in advance for your help

Dus

I worked for a mechanical contractor who had an engineer on staff. I know of one recent project, a hospital, that the specifications required that the mechanical contractor's mechanical engineer had to be onsite for the duration of the project.

It's been my experience that many mechanical contractors wind up paying to re-engineer projects when the original specifications were found to be flawed. They do this because if they become too much of squeeky wheel, they find their bids on future projects thrown out.

The system has many flaws in it. Usually the mechanical contractor or the building owner wind up paying the costs for poor initial engineering.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Are my Spidy senses correctly saying you are a lawyer ? If they lied to me I appologize.

Hi Mattm:
    Your instinct deceived you: I am not a lawyer and do not plan to become one. But it is indeed a legal matter.
    Thanks

Hi ozone drone:
    Thanks for your answer.
    The immigration asks me to provide them proofs that HVAC contractors need to use mechanical engineers as part of their staff. Therefore I am looking for any bid or specifications which state that a mechanical engineer needs to be onsite, or review or manage the project.
    Could you help me with that?
    Thanks in advance.

The project that I cited as requiring an engineer on-site,during construction, was the University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, Texas.
    The mechanical contractor was SkiHi Mechanical....The building opened in the fall of 2004. I don't have access to the bid specification because I no longer work there and am not employed in the construction side of the industry now.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?