Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It was obvious that the gun was off especially since she dropped the animal with one shot with the 7MM. Later in camp her Dad tried the gun on a target and it was off.

It was a little weird that her Dad worked the bolt but she did make the shot.

If you have watched all of the episodes you can see that she is indeed an outdoors person. She gets in an fishes even running the gills nets on the commercial side. She also cleans and prepares the game and fish.

She is also instilling her daughters in the outdoor life.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    It was obvious that the gun was off especially since she dropped the animal with one shot with the 7MM. Later in camp her Dad tried the gun on a target and it was off.

It was a little weird that her Dad worked the bolt but she did make the shot.

If you have watched all of the episodes you can see that she is indeed an outdoors person. She gets in an fishes even running the gills nets on the commercial side. She also cleans and prepares the game and fish.

She is also instilling her daughters in the outdoor life.
    not to----> but what hunter goes afield without checking there equipment, ie sighting in a scope???
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    not to----> but what hunter goes afield without checking there equipment, ie sighting in a scope???
    Cut her a little slack there jmac. She better than most men nowadays and I'm sure better than a lot on this forum especially of the liberal persuasion and definitly the far left. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

IMO: This TV series was carefully written and shot (filming) to create an 'image' of Sarah Palin. The whole idea of it is to make her 'appear' as an 'American'.

I guarantee this is part of building her foundation to run for POTUS in 2012... Shame, because I do not think she is electable (unless things change a lot).

Do not get me wrong, I like her politics... just IMO she does not exude BOTH chrisma AND enough maturity to get the job done.

I am all for conservative principles and sticking to the Constitution... However one also has to have common sense and the ability to administrate... as well as be tuff enough to handle the press, big business, terrorists, foreign affairs, and maybe even be commander in chief if we got into a war...

Please do not get me wrong... the current boob in office does not qualify well... and IMO neither did the last two... But If we are going to run a conservative candidate, lets not make another mistake like John McCain.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO: This TV series was carefully written and shot (filming) to create an 'image' of Sarah Palin. The whole idea of it is to make her 'appear' as an 'American'.

I guarantee this is part of building her foundation to run for POTUS in 2012... Shame, because I do not think she is electable (unless things change a lot).

Do not get me wrong, I like her politics... just IMO she does not exude BOTH chrisma AND enough maturity to get the job done.

I am all for conservative principles and sticking to the Constitution... However one also has to have common sense and the ability to administrate... as well as be tuff enough to handle the press, big business, terrorists, foreign affairs, and maybe even be commander in chief if we got into a war...

Please do not get me wrong... the current boob in office does not qualify well... and IMO neither did the last two... But If we are going to run a conservative candidate, lets not make another mistake like John McCain.
    Agree with that analysis there John. We need a strong bullet proof conservative candidate so to speak like another Regan or like Barry Goldwater who unfortunately had to run against the memory of a highly popular assinated president

and we elected the architect for the distruction of America, LBJ (immigration from the 3rd world, the "Great Socitey" wellfare mess, Afirmative Action, no win war policy in Nam, the killing of sailors on the Liberty by Israel and loss of the Pueblo to N Korea, etc., etc.). Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

We on the right side of the isle have a problem the folks on the left seem to not suffer from quite as much...

We (conservatives) tend to divide ourselves over nit-picking issues more than libs do. And what happens is a 'far right' candidate will grab a nomination from a 'little less far right' candidate... then loose the election to the liberal democrat. Witness Deleware, Nevada, and possibly Colorado and Wash state. Alaska seems to have been smarter than that this time around...

MeThinks the best candidate would be someone that clearly understands far right thinking... yet can put on an 'image' of being less 'radical right'... to attract the masses vote.

To me, the larger issue is to keep the libs out... we can fuss about how conservative someone is AFTER we GUARANTEE a lib will not get in.

Thoughts???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    As someone else stated the father was carrying the gun and slipped probably knocking the sight off. I have ad a scoped knocked out in transit after being properly sighted in.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    We on the right side of the isle have a problem the folks on the left seem to not suffer from quite as much...

We (conservatives) tend to divide ourselves over nit-picking issues more than libs do. And what happens is a 'far right' candidate will grab a nomination from a 'little less far right' candidate... then loose the election to the liberal democrat. Witness Deleware, Nevada, and possibly Colorado and Wash state. Alaska seems to have been smarter than that this time around...

MeThinks the best candidate would be someone that clearly understands far right thinking... yet can put on an 'image' of being less 'radical right'... to attract the masses vote.

To me, the larger issue is to keep the libs out... we can fuss about how conservative someone is AFTER we GUARANTEE a lib will not get in.

Thoughts???
    Here is the thing the president does need to be the smartest person in the room on all or even any subject. There job is to be the moral guide post and visionary for the country. The president should have a strong sense of morality, strong common sense, a true sense of right and wrong and the ability to surround them self with the people that are the smartest and brightest on any given subject.

That is exactly what Regan did and I think Sarah has that ability as much as or even more so than Regan.

Look what she did in Alaska she went after and got rid of corrupt people in her own party.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Here is the thing the president does need to be the smartest person in the room on all or even any subject. There job is to be the moral guide post and visionary for the country. The president should have a strong sense of morality, strong common sense, a true sense of right and wrong and the ability to surround them self with the people that are the smartest and brightest on any given subject.

That is exactly what Regan did and I think Sarah has that ability as much as or even more so than Regan.

Look what she did in Alaska she went after and got rid of corrupt people in her own party.
    But... she is an uneducated buffoon and from what we saw in Alaska...when the going gets tough...she just walks away.

She wouldnt make a good president. There are mayors in this country that handle much much more than she did as gov of alaska.

yep... she threw out some of her own party......but she most likely did it because she was threatened by them.

never seen her show.... but like all reality shows I doubt there is much real about it.....I bet she has complete control of every millimeter of film that is shot.

splork
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

uneducated buffoon

Well, the conversation was making sense until then. Why don't you just go on listening to your 'lamestream media' and suck up the koolaid they serve. (in my best Sarah Palin voice)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    never seen her show.... but like all reality shows I doubt there is much real about it.....I bet she has complete control of every millimeter of film that is shot.

splork
    I was thinking she didn't have control of editing or else they would of cut out the first five shots.

I just wish she would slow down a bit and think before speaking. She has made a lot of very unfortunate gaffes over the past couple of years and each one undermines our party.

Don't get me wrong, she hasn't made as as many gaffes as Joe Biden, but if we are lowering ourselves so much as to be comparing ourselves to Joe Biden, the liberals have already won.

As an example of what I'm talking about, I would suggest that Palin doesn't gain any support/friends when she talks about how great an ally we have in North Korea...

Check these out from Obama. Priceless. Thank you, thank you very much

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/...bamaGaffes.htm
    Barry Goldwater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast