Palin, the Huntress??? I don't think so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156

    Palin, the Huntress??? I don't think so.

    Being around firearms most of my life I have to say, the episode of Palin's Alaska where she shoots a CARIBOU (Not a moose like all the news outlets are saying) is down right embarrassing.

    I seriously doubt she has to many hours at the range, or even handling a firearm.

    First, if your going to claim to be an "avid outdoors man" at least have the wherewithal to carry your own rifle.

    Second, crossing a creek is part of hunting, don't pull your pants up and dance across the creek like your going to melt

    Third, six shots??? are you kidding me? At least have the common decency to sight in your firearm BEFORE going afield. Six shots at a standing target, less than 300 yards? Holy crap. The wench then had to switch firearms to "get the job done" (admittedly, after changing firearms, the Caribou was down with one shot)

    Fourth, seriously? you couldn't load your own firearm? the guide had to do it for you. Pffft. get real

    after watching this episode, I have come to the conclusion that Sarah Palin is great eye candy, but that where it ends.

    I am seriously disappointed in her claim to be an Outdoors man/person/hunter

    Not to brag, but I have shot deer. Everyone of them was down with one shot and they never went more than 40 yards. The last one I shot (a nice 6 pointer) went almost 20 feet before dieing.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,779
    Agreed!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.E. Ok.
    Posts
    1,353
    Didn't her Dad carry the rifle and fall, i thought that may of knocked the scope off.
    But i cringed through the whole ordeal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Didn't her Dad carry the rifle and fall, i thought that may of knocked the scope off.
    But i cringed through the whole ordeal.

    at one point , he used the damn thing for a walking stick
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,443
    Even though I support most of Sarah Palin's beliefs I have to admit that her Alaska film is a hoot. It has been described by the wacko animal rights groups as an animal snuff film.. Thank you, thank you very much.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blo...lm_has_an.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Even though I support most of Sarah Palin's beliefs I have to admit that her Alaska film is a hoot. It has been described by the wacko animal rights groups as an animal snuff film.. Thank you, thank you very much.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blo...lm_has_an.html
    ok, the dope that wrote that, proves he's a animal rights moron. So every time I go out hunting, I'm out "snuffing" animals.......whataputz
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Haven't seen it.

    I don't have any qualms crossing creeks, grew up around 'em. And yeah, I deer hunt every year. I carry a 25-06 and not only do I 'load it' myself but I load the cartridges alongside my dad. Always have. We reload rifle as well as shotgun shells.

    I've harvested an innumerable number of whitetails, been doing it since I was about 9. Haven't ever used more than one shot per animal. But, always make sure my rifle is sighted properly too--and only I carry it after that point!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    To me, dove or duck hunting is actually more of a 'hunt' than deer. Those suckers fly all over the joint! It's a real skill to it.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Haven't seen it.

    I don't have any qualms crossing creeks, grew up around 'em. And yeah, I deer hunt every year. I carry a 25-06 and not only do I 'load it' myself but I load the cartridges alongside my dad. Always have. We reload rifle as well as shotgun shells.

    I've harvested an innumerable number of whitetails, been doing it since I was about 9. Haven't ever used more than one shot per animal. But, always make sure my rifle is sighted properly too--and only I carry it after that point!
    it's kinda embarrassing to watch, she acts like an inner city girl? if she was trying to portray herself as an outdoorsy type, it didn't come off to well.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    I do wish I looked like her though....LOL!!!!

    I know some gals that go deer hunting with their men and they act like that. They shoot the gun though...don't all gotta be 'rough and tumble' to be hunters I guess. My niece Sammy is as girly girl as it gets on 'dance' night and such or for pageants but I'd put her up against any local boy for shooting accuracy! I watched her just a couple weeks ago take a doe whitetail offhand at around 180 yards. One shot. Didn't phase her a bit. This was her second kill. She's twelve and been accompanying me for the last 4 years.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I do wish I looked like her though....LOL!!!!

    I know some gals that go deer hunting with their men and they act like that. They shoot the gun though...don't all gotta be 'rough and tumble' to be hunters I guess. My niece Sammy is as girly girl as it gets on 'dance' night and such or for pageants but I'd put her up against any local boy for shooting accuracy! I watched her just a couple weeks ago take a doe whitetail offhand at around 180 yards. One shot. Didn't phase her a bit. This was her second kill. She's twelve and been accompanying me for the last 4 years.
    outstanding! My wife likes going to the cabin, she'll carry wood and do whatever needs doing. But she would rather sleep in than go hunt'n. My buddy's wife, she goes out, shotgun, rifle, musket, you name it. She also wants the heart of any deer taken. She pickles the thing. I don't like the heart so she can have 'em
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    BTW, TBB* made some great venison chili, I had some tonight.

    She'll be paying for that later











    *Throttle Boss Barb
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,241
    Haven't seen the show. Her shrill voice drives me nut's. That is sad it would take six shots. I wonder if it wasn't done for entertainment value..make the scene last longer.

    I hear some media person (woman) talk about how Sarah is "killing Santa's reindeer".

    I like hunting coyotes with my 357. It's a real challenge...those ole wile-E-coyotes are smart.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event