Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And by the way...........There is not one person in here *****ing that this is "not a DIY site", that hasnt tried
    repairing or fixing something that they were not qualified to do or try. Like fixing the car, fixing the lawn mower,
    fixing the outdoor lights, ect. You get my point though.

Just be polite about not wanting to help someone. There is no need to be prick about telling someone that maybe they should call someone with little more experience.

Written in regards to: HVAC God Complex has Struck again!

Originally posted by brettln
    And by the way...........There is not one person in here *****ing that this is "not a DIY site", that hasnt tried
    repairing or fixing something that they were not qualified to do or try. Like fixing the car, fixing the lawn mower,

Just be polite about not wanting to help someone. There is no need to be prick about telling someone that maybe they should call someone with little more experience.

Ditto!

Criticism builds hostility and bad attitudes. Criticism is poison to good human relations. You don't like to be criticized; so don't criticize other people. They don't like it, either. And you won't help accomplish anything good by criticizing. As your mother should have taught you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

[Edited by mrbillpro on 02-08-2005 at 09:21 AM]
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Hmm

I agree with you Brettln, the guy asks a yes or no question, and it's like everyone wants to be the first to call him out as a DIY'er! He didn't ask how to fix it. Like it has been said here many times, if you don't want to be helpful, don't answer at all.

Originally posted by BoltonNC
    Unless you are a licenced contractor with insurance, you are a DIY'er.
    Well I guess I am a DIY'er in everything but the A/C Business.
    Lol!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Keep it simple disconnect the t-stat wires at the furnace,and check the transformer secondary voltage,if good jump it out with the wires off.If it works you have stat or stat wire problem.

Originally posted by brettln

This is true, Most people have the common sense when to cut their losses and find true knowledge! BEST OF WISHES! Spend a few grand {U.S. Dollars} and let us know how it comes out. If you don't have the tools, the aptitude, or any training, how do you expect us to be able to help you? I am not trying to be upsetting to you but somehow you need to understand that some people have GOD given talent for what they do. What is your talent? Do you impose that everyone is as good as you?

Use the short-pro tool to locate 24 volt short it will protect your 24 volt circuits while you test, and after
    that install the resttable fuse.

Coolguysfl, I somewhat agree with you, but when you work side by side with someone in the business , you do tend to pick up knowledge of the job you are doing and that is what I have done for many years. No I don't do this full time, but I've done it for more years then I want to remember.

Brettn, you are right. It was a short, caused by a faulty transformer. After installing the new transformer, which does have a line fuse on the low voltage side, everything worked fine. I did look at the whole control board, front and back for damage. The only damage was to the transformer. Luckily the short was on the high voltage side and did no damage to the control board. And yes I did have a licensed HVAC pro look things over. His response was like I said, a faulty part. I did get rid of the Hunter thermostat and istalled a Honywell, just to make sure.

His comments to me were very proffessional and he stated that I did a very proffesional install.

Cold_n_mode, thank you for your response

Originally posted by youngw
    Coolguysfl, I somewhat agree with you, but when you work side by side with someone in the business , you do tend to pick up knowledge of the job you are doing and that is what I have done for many years. No I don't do this full time, but I've done it for more years then I want to remember.

Brettn, you are right. It was a short, caused by a faulty transformer. After installing the new transformer, which does have a line fuse on the low voltage side, everything worked fine. I did look at the whole control board, front and back for damage. The only damage was to the transformer. Luckily the short was on the high voltage side and did no damage to the control board. And yes I did have a licensed HVAC pro look things over. His response was like I said, a faulty part. I did get rid of the Hunter thermostat and istalled a Honywell, just to make sure.

His comments to me were very proffessional and he stated that I did a very proffesional install.

Cold_n_mode, thank you for your response
    Thank you as well! And likewise I smell something that anyone would step in if they were not watching the dog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12