Thread: reznor unit heater.

Post Likes
    Is anyone familiar with these unit heaters? Model f50. I was looking for cross ref. # for the fan control , ECO, and limit. I have the reznor numbers.

Post Likes
    those are the cheapest units in the reznor line of hanging heaters. standing pilots, with a honeywell valve. just a valve, limit and one roll out switch i believe

Post Likes
    What did you want to know about which part? Looks like the fan switch and limit switch are thermo disc type. Same type they have always had.

Post Likes
    eco is open. Says that before replacing should replace the limit and fan control or check for miswiring. I want to cross ref. numbers from manufactures. No reznor distributor near me.

Fan control. 114009
    limit 085449
    e.c.o. 096513

Thanks.

Post Likes
    When you say ECO are you talking about the vent safety switch(spill switch)? Or roll-out switch. I am not really following why other parts should be replaced at the same time. Help me understand please.

Post Likes
    The rollout on top of the unit is manual reset.

Post Likes
    The e.c.o. is the "energy cut off." It looks like a brown fuse. In the wiring diagrm it is the two red wires off of the gas valve. Labels say that when this fails it is" caused by major malfunction of the safeties or from mis wiring. Before replacing the eco replace the hi limit and the fan control." I was suprised with this also, but all the limits are functioning properly. Just looking to find some replacement parts. There may be a distributor north of me that I will call tommorrow.

Post Likes
    Thanx I just google'd and saw the ECO I'm not sure where it is installed. Couln't locate it in the diagrams. Obviously it is in an area afected by heat. Appears to be along the same line as DNP fuse link?

Post Likes
    Yeah, it is located right behind the limit and fan control near the heat exchanger.

Post Likes
    I have become real good at working on these heaters and not by my own choice. The ECO that you are having trouble with has been replaced by a thermo disc limit that is not manual reset. When this ECO or its replacement opens it takes out the thermocouple circuit on the valve and you have no heat because the pilot goes out. Even with the newer heaters that have the new thermodisc in them we have had a lot of problems with no solution. My distributor service tech told me to just leave it out but I did'nt want to do this so I put this switch in the low voltage circuit so when it trips it shuts the burners down but you still have the pilot so when it resets things go back to normal. Until they come up with a fix for this, I have done all that I can do without them having to relight the pilot ever time this happens and we all know that the switch is working overtime and won't last for ever.

Post Likes
    Part#096513 is replaced with 131449 Thermodisc #G4AP0202110C

Post Likes
    Thank you Trane. Thats pretty straight forward

Post Likes
    Give the heat exchangers a thorough inspection as these units are notorious for cracking, check the front lower corners especially.

Post Likes
    thanks,
    Do you know the cross ref. numbers for the other parts?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by zaner1
    thanks,
    Do you know the cross ref. numbers for the other parts?
    Limit 085449 Has not changed
    Fan 114009 Has changed to 123976 Which is 95/135 degrees and may be different settings than the one on it now.

Post Likes
    thanks,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in