About 8 months ago I posted about a Trane 19i that had several of the small compressors fail. After replacing the compressors several times ,Trane had a new "upgraded" 19i installed. The main change in the new 19i unit had something to do with piping that would keep lubricant/oil in the small compressor. This would prevent compressor failure. The new 19i ran perfectly for 7 months. Most days it would run on the small compressor and change to the larger one when the heat/cool load increased. Even on very cold days the use of aux. heat was at a minimum. Last week the A/H was blowing cold air during a call for heat. Service tech arrived and found the small compressor had failed on this new unit. The installer's service department and the factory wholesaler tech have done everything they should be doing. Trane should thank these friendly representatives who have labored with this problem ...although they haven't been told what to do next. Anyone know what is happening with this design ? When it runs the 19i is very quiet and I thought it was worth the extra cost. Now I wonder what is going to happen next....