Hybrid View

Confused

I would like to set a studio up in my basement for lampworking.

I am going to purchase an oxyzen generator and I would like to have a HVAC person add as gas line in my baement.

I want this to be on the utility side of my basement. Waht is involvevd in having this hook-up?

Do I call my gas company? Other women have told me that they have called a plumber for this?

What type of tradeperson would do this?

Thank You,

LeAnne

GAs Line

Don't call a plumber, that just wasts your time. Call a heating and A/c company. Have a tech or installer come do it, its easy. But they have the tools to test for Gas leaks, plumbers usually forget that part

It depends on your location but in one town I work in I have to have a plumbers license to do gas lines. Call your gas supplier and ask them. On all commercial work done here the gas lines are put in by the plumbers.

Smile

Ok,

Thanks, is it a fairly easy job. About what is a reasonable cost?

Any problems with it being in my utility room?

one of the rule of this forum is that discussion of pricing is not allowed, so we can't help you there.

however, as long as you have other natural gas appliances in you utility room (furnace, water heater, dryer, etc) the price will be very reasonable as minimal piping will need to be done, since a gas supply is allready near by.

be DAMM careful!!! better get a commercial plumber, at least one who knows working with oxygen systems -- any oil left in the lines = B O O M. lines need to be ACR & pressure tested -- someone who has worked medical facilities will know.

Since there is so many diffrent codes for counties, states and townships, contact your local building inspector to get the right info, An HVAC is not a plumber nor is a plumber an HVAC tech, one could get you injured the other could get you fined.

sorry, the header was for nat gas --
    still, the amonishment about piping for oxygen is valid.

do you really want concentrated oxygen in your BASEMENT? Think of hospital visits -- no open flames, . . .