Hybrid View

I'm installing my first Bryant heat pump. Hooked everything up and tried to attach nitrogen to braze and the service valve has no schrader valve. Tried a schrader core and no fit. It's the weekend and everybody's closes. What am I missing here? I brazed the system closed but am awaiting an answer before I attempt to vacuum. How is it possible to pump down the system and service? Thanks in advance.

They are king valves, no schraeder needed, crack them open (clockwise) for access, then back seat before you remove your gauges

Please take no offense, the following comment is meant as advice only. I recall the first time I hooked onto a back seat valve... Anyway, I've made more than my share of errors and no doubt there will be more to follow.

**Make the time to study the install manuals with any piece of equipment.**

While, you may get along well just skimming the various sections, but do look them over. This is especially true if it is an unfamiliar product. If the manual isn't available, then you have to wing it or do some research. On a new install the manual should be right in/on the package.

It can happen to anyone- one of our more seasoned guys let the smoke out of two blower motors in a new piece of equipment last year. Once he pulled out the manual the details were spelled out thoroughly. And, when you retighten, don't over torque- just nice and snug. Greg

Smile

Ahh, thats what I needed a little info. Thanks.

Originally posted by swampfox
    They are king valves, no schraeder needed, crack them open (clockwise) for access, then back seat before you remove your gauges
    and when you backseat them you DON'T have to CRANK them. They are a soft brass on brass seal. Cranking them will destroy them, they will leak.

You can also put on some refrigeration Tees with schrader cores while you are working with the unit. Say you wanted to leave a little nitrogen on the lineset at lunch or overnight and didn't want to leave your guages.