+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you that met my wife....

Post Likes

Unhappy

Her dad passed away on Thursday morning. After a 2 month ordeal and at the ripe age of 81. He was here in Pitt when he died and we were with him. When the doctors rushed in with paddles and all to try to get him back I said not to. He had so many problems, too many. It would have only delayed the inevitable for a very short time anyway, better to go in dignity and less suffering. It was tough. It was time. He was a WWII vet who served under Patton. A large man, retired school teacher and principal known affectionately as the Polish hammer, he greatly influenced many young people and set quite a few on the straight and narrow. After his students graduated, many returned to the school to thank him. He was the most stubborn man I ever met and the most generous. When I first started dating his oldest daughter some 35 years ago I was afraid of him.
    In time, I felt like the son he never had. I hope I lived up to his expectations. I feel I did. He loved his grandkids and was very proud of all of them.
    My own parents have been gone for some time now, the cycle of life, the way things are, make the best of it while you are here. A final salute.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I am truly sorry for family loss.I recently lost my grandfather who flew bombers in WWII.You can request the honar gaurd to be at the funeral and give an emotional send off with 21 gun salute and an american Flag.That really meant a lot to my mother.

Dice, I know that was tough decision to let him go, but you did the right thing.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I have arranged for 21 gun salute and taps.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear of your loss. You did the right thing. From the way you described him, he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Post Likes

I've been thinking about you guys

for 2 days. How's Claire doing? I know she's tough, hope y'all are OK. Are your kids home? Jado said she's sure sorry to hear and your in her prayers.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Its never easy.
    Your family is in our prayers.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear for your loss. Last Sept one of my oldest brothers died in Berlin, MD and I returned for his memorial. He, also, was a WWII vet who dropped out of high school to fight and became a POW. They were truly men back then so I can relate.

And my deceased brother in law was the youngest Col in Patton's army. I wonder if their paths ever crossed.

Life is too short. I'll bet your father in law was very proud his daughter married you.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss, he sounds like a great man who will be greatly missed.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear that Dice.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    All you have to do is read Dice’s description of his father-in-law and know he has a classy wife as well. Here’s to a great man from the generation who gave so much, may he rest in peace forever.

Our prayers are with you and your family Dice.

[Edited by madeinusa on 02-05-2005 at 06:15 PM]

Post Likes

Sorry for your loss Dice

Both of my parents are nearly 80 and I know each day that they are here is a gift.

Post Likes
    Sorry for your family's loss Dice.

I also agree that you should enjoy it while your here. Life is Too short.

Post Likes
    My condolences as well. Sounds like a neat guy and would have appreciated your decision not to leave him in sad shape.

Post Likes

Frown Sorry for your loss

I know words cannot replace your loss. But to me aside from all the ribbing we give one-another it sounds like his son-in law is "Aces". I never got to meet my father-in law as he passed the year before I met my wife, and if he was anything like her then I know he was the best there was. Again my condolences. Icehouse
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Post Likes
    all my condolences to all your family.
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Post Likes
    You are truely a blessed man, Dice. I never had the opportunity to meet my "father-in-law". He was killed in an automobile accident when my wife (to be) was 18.
    A WWII Navy man, I'm sure he would have scared the hell out of me when I first started dating his daughter, you are fortunate to be the son he never had!!!
    My condolences, my prayers are with you and your family.

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss. My parents passed when I was in highschool. I'm not looking forward to when my inlaw pass. You did good.

Post Likes
    My condolences to you and your family.

It sounds like he was a positive influence and role model to hundreds if not thousands of people. When it comes down to it, there's no greater achievement in life. We should all hope to be remembered that way.

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss Dice, we will keep your family in our prayers.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Post Likes
    sorry to hear of your loss. take care of your family, they are in our prayers.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in