Combustion Blower Heil DC90
    Hello,

First I would like to thank the opportunity to post on this forum to assess my problem. Have a Heil DC90 furnace. The past couple of days, when it comes on, it has not been makin gthe same consistant noise it has for the past eight years. Instead of a smooth even sound, it sounds like a car engine with the timing off (not as bad as that, but just to give an idea). Heat works fine, and it shuts off and cycles on ok. Live in Michigan, so I checked th outside venting to make sure the inflow of air was okay, and it is. WHen I take the cover off, it seems it may be coming from the Combustion Blower. Just does not have a smooth running sound to it. Curious if there is any maintaince to perform on this, or any ideas on this from any one that is willing to post. Thank you to any that respond.

Your combustion blower is telling you that is is going to fail soon. Call a service company to check the unit, I am going to bet that the little combustion blower is about to retire. Repair during normal business hours will cost less than an emergency call out on night or weekend.

Thank you....it may be on it's way as it got louder this morning. Been nice here today so it has not been running. Going to go check on this part for it tomorrow. Seems like it would be pretty straight forward to install it myself. Just curious if you or anyone read this if that is true, or I should contact a furnace company to take care of this for me. Thanks again.

get a pro to service the furnace. if the blower has been dragging and not moving as much air as it should you may have a sooting problem. if the unit is that old the heat exchanger should also be checked.
    i wanted to put a picture here

As far as inducers go that is one of the easiest to do. But as stated ABSOLUTLY have the heat exchangers checked in that particular unit. Better yet with someone that is versed with ICP equipment (which that is) if at all possible.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

update

just an update. We (my no good brother-in-law and me) LOL, pulled apart the combustion blower tonight, and the problem is is the plastic fan was cracked near the shaft of the electric motor. This caused the fan to drag on the housing, giving the unit the rough start up sound, and thus, the out of balance sound (a better description is like a washing machine out of balance). As a temp fix, we glued, then JB welded the plastic fan back together. Unsure how long it will hold as it is drying now. Going to start the furnace up in about 4-hours. Dang it's cold in Michigan without heat Just looking for it to hold together to see if I can find the fan part, instead of buying the whole combustion blower unit ($165 at a local store). Anybody have an idea where I could just track the plastic fan part down? Going to try the local store tomorrow. Hope it holds tonight. Will find out about 2AM . Thanks again for the responses.

non field repairable, need complete IDF

Yes you can buy a new blower wheel repair kit but a lot of dealers are not aware of this. Have your dealer order one and when it comes in have HIM install it and check the heat exchanger in your furnace.

Originally posted by trane
    Yes you can buy a new blower wheel repair kit but a lot of dealers are not aware of this. Have your dealer order one and when it comes in have HIM install it and check the heat exchanger in your furnace.
    After seeing your post and wanting to stay current and knowing there is a #1149307 Impeller kit for the old NUGK models, I just checked with an ICP tech advisor about a impeller kit for the Inducer on the DC90 models and was adv N/A for that Inducer, non-field repairable. Can you advise any further?

Where the heck is our ICP guru Hvacprodmgr been hiding anyway????
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Frank since the crash today it looks like I get another chance. I'm never wrong. LOL I will try Dice's way this time.