Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    We have them in every truck, they are heavy and awkward to set-up but they let you not have ladder racks on the truck.

Which is a must if you do a lot of underground parking or try to fit your trucjk into your home garage every night. ( excludes build specials )

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    Do any of you have any in depth hands on experience using these ladders for running service? I am not in too many situations where I need something over 12' in the A frame mode, and can not recall a time I have needed to be over 20 to 24' in extension mode. I currently carry a little 2 footer fiberglass, sweet for ice machines and such, then I got a 6', 8', 12' and then a 24' regular extension ladder. That extension ladder, is the one we all use normally. I can not remember the last time I needed the full length extended.

This ladder system to me solves each scenario I could be in on a call. Ever since this post came up I have been going over in my mind where the ladder system might not work for me. I can't come up with anything. So before I blow some money and to also calm me down from me over excited about this thing, I am asking any of you with some experience with them what you think. Actually relying on it as your ladder for service work. Whats the good and bad.

I did go to Home Depot and messed with the knock off Gorrilla brand. It was early in the AM and so I sat there out in the middle of the floor and simply just got used to extending it, setting it up, in all configurations. I think it's great. And something I could tottally get used to doing. Just a learned response. I have heard some guys frown on this, but it's like with the small PDAS and typing on a querty keyboard. I got that mastered in a week and now run my life via the thing. Work, house, pay my bills. I had to force myself not to go back to the easy paper and pen. To me this is like that. Just need to retrain myself setting it up. As I recall as being a green horn, setting up an extension ladder was a learned art.

I have seen one out of state mechanical outfit use them exclusively, I have had to do some refrigeration work as they did the hvac. That's the only ladder they got in their vans. I never paid attention and I have been on about a dozen jobs with these guys. Now I wished I had asked what they thought. But I do recall, they were using them for all kinds of positions needed.

Please give me some insight. I would greatly appreciate it. A new veihicle is in my line of sight, and man if I don't need a ladder rack on top, and plus the room it saves me inside I may look at a different way to set up a service truck as well. I would love not to have anything exterior. Simply for security, and weather conditions. No snow on the ladder, yada yada. I myself just can not come up with a good reason not to get one, and a million reasons why I should have one already.

I used these ladders before they were very popular . They are a surprise if you are used to the typical 6’ fiberglass ladder they seem like they weigh a ton. Carry it for a while and you will not even notice. What you will notice is the stability, reliability and versatility. We used them on KC-10 aircraft (each one has a ladder assigned to it) around the world and were never disappointed.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234