Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Does anybody use these ladders, I see them on TV all the time. they seem like a good idea?
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Funny, I just watched a 1/2 hour infomercial on them this morning. I'd also like to know if anybody has one. I picked up a cheap knockoff of them at HD, but it doesn't have as many positions as the Little Giant. I wish I had my money back.

Ya mean them ladders that fold up and go from A-ladder to reg ladder and all that?
    I hate them things.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Boy, for $500 a pop you'd have to fix alot of furnaces to get its moneys worth. And I hear it's kinda heavy.
    work to live not live to work

Ive used one before.....heavy and awkward to set up, but its sturdy, kinda pricy too, Ill stick to my conventional ladders, wouldnt go high enough for some of the places I have work anyway.

Yes...them. Of course I would never use one on the job. I'd look like Harry Homeowner. I carry a 4' and 6' fibreglass. But when I AM Harry at home, and I need to paint stairs or something, they work great

Dice; Are they worse then your milk crate ladder??

They are nice for at home or maybe at some work places that use them for themself, but they are to heavy and bulky.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    Dice; Are they worse then your milk crate ladder??

They are nice for at home or maybe at some work places that use them for themself, but they are to heavy and bulky.
    Careful now. I believe Dice doesn't like ladders period since "The Incident"

Airmax; Do tell!
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

http://askedward.com/page11.html

And make sure your speakers are on.

Yes I use them. They are a good multiuse ladder. They are a little heavy but you can get used to it.

They can go from a 6' step to a 11-12' step. You can extend the whole thing to around 22'. In the extended position, they are a little flexible and sway as you carry up the recovery machine,etc.

You can also remove both outside sections and extend the inner portion up into small scuttle holes.

For all practical purposes they solve many combinations without carrying 3 differant ladders.

They are aluminum however, and maybe not good for electrical jobs.

We've got a big one. It's an extension A-frame that goes up to 24'. We use it alot but it takes 3 guys to carry it and usually we have 4 or 5 to stand it up.

It's really sturdy when your at the top. It's alot easier to move than our man lift and for small jobs we prefer it. But it is heavy.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

I bought one a good 20 years ago when I had a booth at a homeshow and there was a booth showing the Little Giant ladders right by my booth. I was totally impressed and picked one up about an hour before the show ended. That was the only time they were at the homeshows so I was glad I did get it. They are a little heavy but they are great for having around as a ladder you can just throw in a truck if you might be just running out on a bid if its not your normal work truck with every ladder on it. For around the house thaey are great. I never really used them for the legs for short scaffold being I didnt know I could. I grabbed it an tried it when I saw the infomercial showing that use. Yep it works but took a little looking at it to see how, the newer ones may be set up a little better for doing that tho. I think I got a lot better price back then , not really sure but I think it was around $165.00 but dont quote me on that . I just know I thought it was a little pricy at that time but I have never regreted buying it. I had many times when I would throw it in the blazer or chevy luv to just go out and look at something then to take a service truck, It was nice that way being as long as it wasnt a two story you could use it looking in a house or to check out the flu on the roof. Its not one that you would use all the time day in day out on installs like the three leg ones we use but as a back up or for a vehical without a ladder rack for hauling an extension ladder their great. I LIKE MINE but thats just me lol.

[Edited by dec on 02-05-2005 at 05:28 PM]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast