Hi everyone,

2 months ago, we had the HVAC professional to replace the contactors on our heat pump system. Now i have the same problem again, the contactors aren't triggered on when heating is on. And, he told us that we need to replace another part in the system. I found on the web that the part he wants to replace called adjustable temperature same as on the pic, web link below. Part # AT012.

http://www.alpha2omegaparts.com/appl...rmostats.shtml

So he left me with a wire with two clamps at the ends to bypass this when the contactors aren't triggered. I did what he told me and it worked.

my question is what is this adjustabel temperature for?

Thank you in advance.

The first thing is to call another contractor because this one is going to kill you.

The control you are refering to is a tempature saftey. The picture you posted is not an OEM part. You should replace the equipment if OEM part is not manfactured anymore.

I only use this part in an emergancy situation, or on a non-critical system (I have used them to turn fan on when used with a wood stove). In this situation if it fails it's not a big deal.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

as I scratch my head on this one. WHATTTTTTTTT???
    get a second opinion...

this guy will be in jail when you hook the clamps to the wrong connection and kill yourself.. find a new legitimate contractor not BOZO good luck

it doesnt take a qualified contractor to know that !

That you just dont by-pass a safety in any situation, or jumper anything out! however, Do call a qualified contractor or qualified tech/mechanic!

An adjustable limit, they are common, so why didn't he get you one right away, its a safety device to keep your unit from melt down.
    If its tripping, some thing else is wrong, thats just a symtom.

You might want another contractor to find the real problem with your unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?