Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1. c/o detector

2. Digital thermometer

I want them both certified so I can use them for calibration of logi-stats and c/o monitors. What's out there and actually kind of affordable. I know the affordable part sounds funny since I want them to be certified and all but I might as well try.

*Note* Don't post any UEI stuff.

Originally posted by mattm
    1. c/o detector

2. Digital thermometer

I want them both certified so I can use them for calibration of logi-stats and c/o monitors. What's out there and actually kind of affordable. I know the affordable part sounds funny since I want them to be certified and all but I might as well try.

*Note* Don't post any UEI stuff.
    I highly recommend Bacharach for the co detector but I would seriously consider spending the money on a combustion analyzer with co detection. I have both a single gas co detector and combustion analyzer from Bacharach and would not have anything else.

I use and recommend a Fluke dual temperature electronic thermometer. I own two Fluke 52 electronic thermometers so I can take four temperatures at a time. That allows me to look at the superheat and subcooling at the same time. The recording function allows me to go do something else and be able to view the stability of the superheat and subcooling readings. Of course I can move two leads and read the evaporator air temperature drop as well. Would love to have a third Fluke 52 so I can take the six most important readings at the same time.

Go Bacharach and Fluke and you will not be sorry!

Norm

By the way, I have tried all the other brands before deciding that Bacharach and Fluke were the best for me.

I taught fulltime at a community college where I was able to purchase a wide variety of instruments of any brand and I purchased them all. Got student feedback and got to play with all the brands myself.

After leaving the fulltime teaching position at the college and starting my own HVAC business I immediately purchased Bacharach and Fluke instruments. Still love them even though after six years as a self-employed service contractor I am back to teaching fulltime.

Norm

Thanks Norm, I trust your word just from reading your posts. I have an Informant II and love it and all my other meters are Fluke, well most I should say. My megger is a Biddle, and a bunch of other test equipment of mixed brands.

I have a Bacharah CO detector and a Fieldpiece thermometer with 2 thermocouples for delta measurements and all that other cool jazz ya don't use that often.
    Both good.
    You couldn't possibly hate UEI more than I do.........could you?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Electronic thermometers

I own 4 Fluke 52.

Can I get the Bachrach and Fluke with the certificate of calibration?

By the way Dice. Look in 9mm, there's a small 22 cal German revolver. I traded my 1st digital meter for it...."UEI" and I never get rid of tools.

I would go with Bacharah but I have a Fluke I look at bacharah all the time & wish I had one.

Six Tips For Success

1) Become a York, Luxaire or Coleman dealer

2) Participate in York, Luxaire or Coleman training

3) Use Bacharach combustion and co test instruments

4) Use Fluke multimeters, clamp-on-ammeters and electronic thermometers

5) Show interest in each customer and provide service beyond their expectations

6) Spend the rest of your time enjoying your family!

7) Expect excellence from yourself, and all those around you.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Why anyone would want to deal in York is beyond me. I hate their flat evap. coils and their cracky secondary covers. Unless you mean successful in keeping service busy. So maybe they aren't so bad.

Forget the York, Luxaire or Coleman bashing. I'm curious why you in particular are a fan Norm. Is there some sort of unusual dealer support going on there? Being a peanut operator, I can tell you that OEMs and wholesalers I deal with don't give a rat's behind that I exist. Unless you say otherwise, I'd have to assume it would be the same with those three.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast