Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    first off let me say i'm sorry you had a team of installers that obviously had no clue about what they were installing. that said there should be a reputable dealer in your area that can stop out and fix this for you. to explain how to fix a fubar from someone that messed up is not likely on this site there could be numerous problems that may pop-up.what area of the country do you reside?

Arrow Question

[QUOTE]Originally posted by travisfl
    [B]
    Originally posted by bruce-65

Was this installation done by a licensed contractor? Was a permit required, and did they obtain one? If so, your local permitting and code enforcement organizations may be able to help.

One other recourse might be to call Payne (1-888-41PAYNE), explain the problem, and ask if they can be of assistance.
    What jurisdiction or even interest other than code compliance would his inspector have in this?

The inspetor isn't going to know or care what the system operation is about...

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Another satisfied customer, Please deposit your quarters. Cheap install to save a few bucks. Gets screwed by an incompetant installer trying to be service tech and installer. Then cant figure out how to wire a t-stat. Gets a buddy to help him figure it out. Homeowner gets upset and comes here to get it done for free. Wonder if the business down the road has laid some guy's off. I still say this site should have a pay per question in a secure area for homeowners and let professionals give an honest answer and get a % of the cost to the homeowner. Just a thought..

Re: Question

Originally posted by AllTemp What jurisdiction or even interest other than code compliance would his inspector have in this?[/B]
    If this installer couldn't figure out how to wire the thermostat, what is the likelihood that the installation was done to code?

Originally posted by BaldLoonie

Payne around here is sold to the public. Used to be Goodman that moonlighters put in and screwed up. Guess Payne will be added to the list

Same here Baldie, it's my nightmare!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by dmoneyc22
    first off let me say i'm sorry you had a team of installers that obviously had no clue about what they were installing. that said there should be a reputable dealer in your area that can stop out and fix this for you. to explain how to fix a fubar from someone that messed up is not likely on this site there could be numerous problems that may pop-up.what area of the country do you reside?
    I live in Vancouver, Wa. This surprising thing is that the installer has been working for the contractor (actually a friend of mine) for about 5 years so I know he's not a total novice. The contractor did say the last year his performance has gone down hill.

I have decided to call and have the system tested and inpected. I don't want to pay to have it fixed 6 months from now when the compressor burns up...

Originally posted by 9mmnow
    Another satisfied customer, Please deposit your quarters. Cheap install to save a few bucks. Gets screwed by an incompetant installer trying to be service tech and installer. Then cant figure out how to wire a t-stat. Gets a buddy to help him figure it out. Homeowner gets upset and comes here to get it done for free. Wonder if the business down the road has laid some guy's off. I still say this site should have a pay per question in a secure area for homeowners and let professionals give an honest answer and get a % of the cost to the homeowner. Just a thought..
    9mmnow, I would have gladly paid for advice. Like you said, there isn't a means to do that now on this site. I don't know if the site is funded by the members or just by sponsers, but at a minimum I would be more than happy to make a donation to the site.

Bruce

Thank you bruce... Hopefully brian reads this also.Thank you again

i am missing the point here.... why does W1 get jumped to yellow? what does that do? i do not use this stat so i am clueless!

thanks

BTW 9mmnow, good idea and great post on wire/terminal designation
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

Originally posted by hvac4u
    why does W1 get jumped to yellow?
    Y1 - Compressor contactor
    W1 - 1st stage heat

http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com/tech...0s/69-1406.pdf

Azad, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12