Talking

One of the guys is on a PM last friday at a very nice custom home and the tech gets in the crawl to look things over and sees a few runs TORN loose from the trunk. While he's sitting there going "wow" something moves through a duct near him that wasn't down. Now at that point techniqually I think that falls in the realm of the duct cleaning pro's.

My quick thinking guy goes out to the truck and grabs a couple panduit straps,tensioning tool and a cutter. He located the unknown creature, strapped off about a 6' piece and cut out the section. So what do you do at that point...of course you bring it back to the shop cause now your really getting nervous not knowing what is not happy inside that duct. He finally cuts the duct and runs for the bldg. Coon crawls out, gets stuck in the flex wire and gets REALLY mad now and charges towards him. Well coon scampers away and I'll bet with a short time I'll be trying to get rid of this thing from sneaking in the warehouse.

I thought about you guys working down south where there are things like poisonous crawly things that up north we dont even have to think about.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Great story!

Yes, we have crawly, poisonous things here, along with coons.

A favorite was an over 3-foot, aggressive, copperhead snake wrapped around the compressor of a heat pump.
    It was making love to the crankcase heater, until I interrupted.

Try not to look scared...

This is not part of you job to take care of pest this is up to the home owner to call pest control.We don't like it when someone does are work so leave the pest control to the pros they need to make a living to.I have done it to but what if you get bit.I have had some close ones that is why I tell the home owener to call a pro.

What would you do if you ran into this guy on the job site?

Originally posted by framehvac

Can you imagine going out for the morning paper and having that guy fall on your foot!!

Leave it to a tradesman to do something like that. It's funny as hell.

hey frame,

you need to start wearing shoe covers before entering a customers home.

and, i don't see your tool bag. i guess your helper, the photographer, was carrying it.

and quit looking in the window for the homeowner, thats just rude.

cool picture

My theory is if it's bigger than a mouse, it's not a household pet, and it's still alive, call someone else. I don't care who, just someone else.

See a co-worker jump into one of our comercial dumpsters to get a coon. He got it too, with just his pocket knife, and no, the elivator didn't quite go to the top with this guy.

This is my helper.

One of my customers I had a year and half ago was feeding the racoons and every time I went out to the truck the damm things were walking around I never knew when I would scare one and provoke an attack.

Are jobs are to do hvac work not to take care of wild life or pets if a dog bugs me I will tell the home owener to do something with it in a nice way.I had one job the home owner had to go some were & told her to lock up the dog she didn't I went to the next job she told my boss the dog was a big baby the dog was bigger then me asked me to go back I asked him to come & take care of the dog when we got their he said thats one big dog & I said it is a big baby just go in didn't happen he called her back & told her she would have to put up the dog.

[B]
    Originally posted by framehvac

Western Union candygram.......

jehova whitness'es new door to door ambassodors on their first call
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains