Thumbs up

I think you should have a section just for oil furnances,oil circalators etc.Just a suggestion

we have a place for them, the junk pile
    i wanted to put a picture here

Hey now, thats not nice to say!!!! I have oil in my house and I love it. I have had gas before, but it is just too expensive in New England. Then again I have never heard of a house blowing up due to an oil leak, nor have I ever heard of any (forgive me for saying this but,) dying from CO poisoning from an oil furnace. This is just my opinion but for me, I will never use gas in any house that I own. Oil is for me :-)

Ok let the rants start :-)

It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Originally posted by dave72370
    Hey now, thats not nice to say!!!! I have oil in my house and I love it. I have had gas before, but it is just too expensive in New England. Then again I have never heard of a house blowing up due to an oil leak, nor have I ever heard of any (forgive me for saying this but,) dying from CO poisoning from an oil furnace. This is just my opinion but for me, I will never use gas in any house that I own. Oil is for me :-)

Ok let the rants start :-)
    i know of 1 that burned down because the homeowner kept pushing the reset button, then told the tech he hadn't. when it fired off it burned the house down. i've never seen a bill for a natural gas leak clean up either, wait till you have an oil spill. as for co, we changed an oil furnace out this week that was setting a co alarm off. you could fire up the furnace and watch the ppm reading in the house climb.
    i wanted to put a picture here

I'll take oil any day. I have natural gas in my home and live in Ma. When oil goes up in price so does gas. I think you get more heat for your dollar with oil.

Then they would have to have a section just for gas, just for heat pumps, and so on.

I have oil hot air, and wish i had in floor radiant oil or gas.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Properly installed and maintaned oil heat is much better than gas could ever think of being. Try to get a gas hot air furnaced fixxed at 2 AM. If you are lucky enough to get someone to show up. The response is usally we dont sell that brand. We can have the part for you in a few days

We will install gas for people that just have to have it but we dont service anything we dont install gas wise. You should hear some of the begging we get from people with gas and no heat that cant get them fixxed. Atleast with oil you call the guy that sells you the oil and he will have service techs or reffer you to someone that does his service.

[Edited by heaterman61 on 02-05-2005 at 05:22 PM]

Originally posted by dandyme
    http://www.oiltechtalk.com/
    link dosent work

Try this,...

http://oiltechtalk.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=25

I mean this,http://oiltechtalk.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=254d5407085a56e12819bdc1a45b c5ae
    ...SHEEESH!!!