Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Berad, That sounds just like something that would happen there. A lot of shady dealings for sure. I knew Dave & Dennis were that way. Rick must be just as bad. I was with George Bauer right before the buyout. SE made everything sound like it would be so great with them. That was a joke! In 3 years they ran George's well respected business into the ground. They did this with inflated pricing, high pressure sales, and poor warranty policies. Anything to cheat the customer. When Bauer went down they merged with Chief. I am amazed they are still in business. I left in the fall of 1999. Had enough of the bull. I was install partner with DM who is out with a bad back. He is a top notch installer and taught me plenty. Was the person you turned in there in the late 90's? Did you ever hear about a tech named Kevin who caught Legionaires disease on the job and they would not cover it under workmans comp. That was bull too.

Yep I know what you mean. One install we had was like that. I will pull blower on hot days and wire up in basement to move air while we are working. Customer comes down and says "whats that?" I tell him it is his blower. He says that was what was supposed to be wrong with furnace and is why he bought a new one. Told him to call office. Boy they were pissed. Had a condenser changeout, only thing wrong with it was mouse fried on capacitor but they sell him new one. They had a lot of parts changer techs. If they ran out of parts to change then sell them a new furnace. Thats why I went to install only, no service. Did not want to be stuck with all the callbacks like you said. They would also put off calls till late in the day and the on call guy would get stuck and be out till midnight.

Dave taught me installation, I was strictly service before working with him, he is amazing, I was sad when he went out with back trouble. As far as the rest, you are exactly right, but for some reason, they keep growing and growing. As far as parts changers go, most of them have gotten to lazy for that even. They just go straight for the kill.Steve M is still there and Dan F, they are the only two honest and skilled techs in the outfit.

They had kept Kevin quiet. He showed up at Rick's 25th weding anniversery party and I met him and heard the tale. It was enough to pi$$ me off. I was already drunk on free beer, beligerent wasn't a big step.Kevin seemed like a good guy. Getting legionaires from a sandstone humidifier and the company won't pay to comp it. He nearly died and got a so sorry, and in other posts others have asked why as a trade we have and attitude problem? I spent a week hospitalized with suspected legionaires, mine was caught, I never got near as bad as Kevin, but it was not fun none the less.

[Edited by berad on 03-05-2005 at 10:40 PM]

Dave is a great guy both as an installer and a person. Still a good friend of mine even tho I don't get by to see him as much as I should. I know a Steve that took over service in Decatur about the time I left. Is that the Steve you speak of? Is RB still service Manager? I see his brother on here sometimes.

Yes Kevin is a good person too. Seemed to be a good tech but did not know for sure.

That is the same Steve. Tell Dave M that Brad Stanton says hello next time you see him.

Rick B is an entire thread to himself. He quit/was asked to leave. This was after I leaft. Basicly his wife gave him the boot, he spent his days on the clock stalking his wife and was told to step down. Nogle and Blcak hired him and fired him two weeks later, he went down to Florida. I hear rumors of the law looking for him for attempting to burn his old house with his wife and kids inside, this is rumor, but I know he was arrested for some reason and there is an order of protection against him on the circuti clerks website. He tried getting a job with me, ha ha ha. The man was unstable at best and a terrible liar.

Twoolman, we need to go for a beer one of these days.

Well.....I quit drinking years ago. I now have my own HVAC company and own and operate a full board horse boarding stable. My time is slim. I would like to sit down and shoot the **** with you about that zoo. If I am working in Champaign or you are in Decatur one day we could go for lunch. I know a good home cooking place here with good eye candy that serves you. Used to like MaryBelles in Chambana.
    Call anytime 428-4848. You may get my partner Eric. We pass the phone back and forth. He can give you my actual cell #. Dont want to post it on here.

I don't drink often either, lunch sounds good.

cool...do you have a # to reach you in the day time. We are on line to do some new construction in the Mahomet area this spring.

My email is berad@mchsi.com

I would rather not leave my cell phone number hanging out here for everyone to see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast