Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just been told Bank America is in HVAC business? True?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    I just recieved a letter about a meeting for all us HVAC Contractors, and what we can do about Lowes, Home Depot,Walmart, and Bank of America. It says Bank America is in the hvac biz. Posssibly under the name One Hour Airconditioning and Heating, is this true? I just applied for a refi with them, I cant believe that a bank would get into the hvac biz, if so they must think theres alot of $$$$$$ to be made.

Post Likes
    I've seen "one hour..." trucks.... So, I know thats a real biz, but a bank getting into hvac???

Post Likes
    Originally posted by nehps
    I just recieved a letter about a meeting for all us HVAC Contractors, and what we can do about Lowes, Home Depot,Walmart, and Bank of America. It says Bank America is in the hvac biz. Posssibly under the name One Hour Airconditioning and Heating, is this true? I just applied for a refi with them, I cant believe that a bank would get into the hvac biz, if so they must think theres alot of $$$$$$ to be made.
    Bank Of America may have been the bank who loaned the money but there are regulations in the banking business to require them to follow guidelines state. I know that they buy out other banks savings and loans but never heard of hvac companys.
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

Post Likes
    They're probably behind some low finance deals on the equipment through the above listed reps.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by johnsp
    They're probably behind some low finance deals on the equipment through the above listed reps.
    i think you meant high instead of low. if it wasn't lucrative, they wouldn't do it.

Post Likes
    Like I said I did recieve in my P.O> Box a post card that says are you worried about Bank of America, Walmart, H.D. and Lowes now that there in the hvac field (oh ya, and the Utility Co.'s) then it said if I want to atend the meeting to help trying to stop them, the meeting is in Tampa Fl. at the Clarion Hotel it says $139.00 for the nite. Its in March 2005

Post Likes
    How many utilities and other starched collars have tried wetting their feet in the HVAC industry? It doesn't take them long to figure out that this industry requires true [/b]craftsmen[/b] and that they can't be bought and sold. (Atleast not all of us.) It does nothing but drive up our value. I say bring them and their deep pockets on. They have the $$$$$$$ and we have the talent.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes

BOA?

We know some of those big names want to do HVAC work, but Walmart sounds iffy and Bank of America just sounds plain goofy. I would bet at the least, that BOA will not be in this business. But let us know what you find out, this is an interesting letter.

Best wishes -- P.Student

Post Likes

Bank of America & HVAC

Open a new 5 year CD & get a new Heat Pump absolutely free! Expand your Cd to 10 years & get an electronic air cleaner, a UV light & a HRV for free! Stay comfortable with more money in your pocket with Bank of America; your cash & comfort headquarters!

Post Likes

Details if you have them

Is this for real? How big a CD, how big a heat pump and what kind?

They used to give away toasters but I don't think they really threatened the toaster market. Your HVAC system is not an appliance although many people would like it to be.

Regards -- P.Student

[Edited by perpetual_student on 02-05-2005 at 02:25 PM]

Post Likes

possibly?

Originally posted by nehps
    I know theirs one hour a/c in Las Vegas Nevada, but i thought that was done through sap pros financing?

Post Likes
    I also recieved the post card. Return address is
    Lon Cassel
    Venvest Inc.
    2 North Tamiami Trail Suite 806
    Sarasota, Fl 34236

Does anyone know who these guys are? I bet, there trying to make money off the HVAC Contractor, not protect us! Maybe I am just paranoid!

Post Likes
    It looks like they are selling Franchises for One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating.
    Check their Website http://www.venvestinc.com/.

Post Likes
    "Always on time or you don't pay a dime" Always there in one hour. Hell I am always a few minutes late. I will go out of business if I have to be there in 1 hour because of traffic and other factors.

Post Likes

Dont forgt to read the small fine print*********

Originally posted by sgosine577
    "Always on time or you don't pay a dime" Always there in one hour. Hell I am always a few minutes late. I will go out of business if I have to be there in 1 hour because of traffic and other factors.
    THere's always a catch or gimmick, its called bait and switch, offer them somthing and make a small catch phrase so you dont have to honor the false ad, as long as their is an asterisk and a fine print allowing the blind lazy consumer the chance to read the tiny words before he commits himself to a lie or a half truth, which ever is politcally correct or just plain honest business practice! I believe it was right now airconditioning is financed by sap pros in vegas.

Post Likes
    Coldspot, you're throwin' around a lot of co. names in Vegas. You from there? I happen to know the owners & some of the employees of RightNow Air. I also know the owners of Quality Service Co., aka, One Hour.

Post Likes
    Yeah and then they'll find out what a lot of other consolidation companies find out, that there market is limited to chain store type accounts,they don't do well with larger mechanicals because you can't buy a relationship which is how most of that business is done.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by sgosine577
    Lol, if the don't come in the first hour they are not coming.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    I wonder if that would be the same Lon Cassel that used to be a partial owner of Chief Bauer which sold to Service Experts, who as we all know was bought by Lennox. (Where I used to work--after he left)

Seems like a pretty unique name to come up twice in this industry related to HVAC franchises. Especially since he "retired" to Florida last I heard.

I couldn't find anything in the company profile about Lon but Rebecca Cassel is the Senior V.P. of franchise operations.

Post Likes
    You can bet your last dollar this is the same Lon Cassell.
    He was heavily involved with Service Experts as a buyout franchise.He then became involved with Airtime 500 which is a consulting firm to HVAC business owners. It is the same song and dance with all of these people. They try to tell you how you can get rich by flim flam of the customer instead of just doing quality work for a fair price. I worked for an SE company and then got stuck with an Airtime 500 company. The "One Hour" deal was being started when I left and the claim they told me was that we would be there within one hour of the scheduled show up time, not one hour from the time of the call for service. All of these outfits are a joke and an insult to the honest HVAC trade. Period!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in